The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-18-2009, 05:02 AM   #1
1972 orange c10

New member with question

Hey I have learned alot of stuff and enjoy looking at this site everyday. I have 3 72's and a 71. The 71 i recently bought its a 1 owner cheyenne with a big block. I have had alot of problem out of the distributor, the po put a mallory unilite in it and it would loose power going down the road, it took me a week to figure out it was the ignition module. Now for the question i have when you cut the key off the stater is still spinning, i have not had time until tonight to mess with it hooked the battery cable up and starter was spinning over. It was dark and couldnt do anything so do yall think the starter wire or ignition switch. Sorry to be so long and thanks for any advice

Morgan
1972 orange c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:25 AM   #2
Arizona oldguy

Re: New member with question

It could be the ignition switch, or maybe the starter solenoid, either one could make the starter stay engaged, you might try tapping the solenoid (with cable off the battery) with something you might jar it loose if that is the problem. Good luck
Arizona oldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:47 PM   #3
1972 orange c10

Re: New member with question

thanks for your advice, i had time this morning to go outside and the problem was the solenoid. I thought it would be wanted someone elses advice.
1972 orange c10 is offline   Reply With Quote