The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-19-2009, 01:43 PM   #1
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Farewell Fine People

Well, I just figured I'd say see you guys in a few months (probably when I turn 18). I did something stupid and my parents found out about it so now I have to pay the consequences. It was my fault and I take full responsibility for it and now I'm being grounded and and everything I have is being taken from me. I'm not allowed to go anywhere or do anything for who knows how long.

Figure I might as well let you guys know what it is too. I'm 17 and I went to a party and got drunk for the first time. Parents found out, and let me tell you, nothing anyone has ever said to me has brought me to tears other than what my parents said when they found out last night. My mom couldn't even look me in the eye much less talk to me though her uncontrollable tears and sobbing. When she finally did talk to me it was yelling and screaming, as well as the first time she's ever cussed me out. My dad, this was the first time he's ever told me that he was disappointed in me and made it a statement telling me I broke my mothers heart. Walking through my house it just felt like my whole world was falling down around me. Never have I felt so much emotional pain as knowing I was the one that disappointed my father and mother, and I was the sorry bastard that put my mom to tears. You know it's bad when you nor your parents can look each other in the eye.

So, with that said, never wanting to go through that again I'll never drink til' I'm 21 because there is no way I could go through losing the trust of my parents like I did last night and going through all of this again. I've let myself and my family down and it's a wretched feeling.

Goodbye til whenever.
Dylan

PS: On one last leaving note, if you're still living with your parents, don't drink, it's not worth it if you have to go through what I or my parents went through last night. You'll never forget how it feels like your hearts being ripped from your chest. It's not worth it guys.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan

Last edited by *Dylan; 01-19-2009 at 01:46 PM.
*Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:46 PM   #2
leddzepp

Re: Farewell Fine People

We have all been there. They will get over it....believe me!
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:56 PM   #3
69gumby

Good luck. Sounds like your a good kid. You know what you did wrong and a ready to pay the price. I hope you still have your truck and can get back to working on it soon.

Last edited by 69gumby; 01-19-2009 at 01:56 PM.
69gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:57 PM   #4
EyeH8the24

ouch ...but i have to agree with ledd...most of us have been there and it all works out.hope you werent driving !
EyeH8the24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:59 PM   #5
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Young man, you have just learned a life lesson and it sounds like you have learned something from the experience. As was said your parents will get over it and life will go on !!!!

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:02 PM   #6
lowriden58

i guess i was one of the lucky ones.. my mom let me drink.. as long as i did it at home and she knew about it it kept me from doing something stupid and her in the loop

good luck and hopefully they will take it easy on you

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z...en58/001-2.jpg
lowriden58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:03 PM   #7
lofly'a

you are a good son just knowing, and caring that your parents are very upset and disappointed. believe me, they don't love you any less and this experience will bring you closer to them, because you are acknowledging the wrong, taking your punishment and learning from it. good luck
-2003 YUKON (Wife's)
-71 gmc swb fleet (current project, gonna shave everything, bags, stuff w/ 20's, gen III powertrain)
-48 3100 SWB - 12/31/23 LONG TERM Project

Last edited by lofly'a; 01-19-2009 at 02:04 PM.
lofly'a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:11 PM   #8
my67chevytruck
Under Construction

BTDT.. Take it with Stride.....I have a soon to be 16 yo. I know the time is getting near......

subscribe to the board here: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=157669
FAQ how to's

1956 Chevy Apache
1967 C10 SWB FleetSide (under construction)
1969 K10 SWB FleetSide (Future Build)
1972 C10 SWB Stepside (Future Build)

56 chevy truck :
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2955823/1

67 truck build:

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=281357/1

69 k10:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=389470
my67chevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:17 PM   #9
hilandr452

My daughter just turned 16, my son will be 15 soon. To top that off we are allowing a 17 year old friend of my daughter's live with us so that she can finished high school here as her parents have moved a few states away.

My advice to you would be to keep communication lines open with your parents and always be honest, especially when you make stupid mistakes. Trust is the most important thing right now between you and your parents. Lose that and you will lose more than just your freedoms, you will lose their respect and that lasts much longer than the punishment for a mistake.

Looks to me like you are in communication with them and that you really care how they react to what you do. Keep that up and remember how important it is that you don't get caught lying. It hurts them more than you can imagine if you lie to them.

Dan

73 Chevy Camper Special (Yes, it's badged a camper special) Flat Bed Motorhome conversion 454, standard tranny

"DON'T TREAD ON ME !!!"

My Project: http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/20829244 , http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24654442
hilandr452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:37 PM   #10
MonteSS454
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowriden58 View Post
i guess i was one of the lucky ones.. my mom let me drink.. as long as i did it at home and she knew about it it kept me from doing something stupid and her in the loop

good luck and hopefully they will take it easy on you
Both my parents let me drink at 16, just couldn't drive and I had to stay at parties. I never got in any trouble except when my little brother got caught with a substance that was mine and is illegal just about anywhere.
MonteSS454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:39 PM   #11
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Thanks for the kind words guys. I didn't drive, I made sure I stayed the night there, I've heard to many horror stories about drunk drivers.

Thanks again,
Dylan
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
*Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:58 PM   #12
tex_waco_usmc
Project Heaven in my 67!!!

Dylan,
You have just earned alot of respect from people reading this post in a lot of ways. You realize that you made a mistake and you didn't attempt to cover it, now you are accepting the punishment and "taking it like a man." Do what you have to and get back on here, it is true what they say....Time heals all wounds! Saying this from experience, my parents didn't know that I drank until I had to be picked up from the County jail for multiple counts of minor in possession of alcohol. Lets just say that the punishment fit the crime and I definetly learned my lesson. We all mistakes just make sure you learn from this one!!!!

Chris
tex_waco_usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:00 PM   #13
BB72CHEVKT

It sounds like you learned your lesson and you will be fine. Hang in there!
Old 01-19-2009, 04:02 PM   #14
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

Damn that sounds harsh, we can drink legally here in the UK at 18 and under parental supervision from I think 10. We always were allowed some watered down wine with sunday lunch and the odd lemonade shandy in the summer. I guess we learnt to drink relatively responsibly although that didn't stop me from getting puking drunk a fair few times when a bit older!

I hope it all works out for you.

'67 C10 long fleet.
350/TH350, 4 bbl Carter, K&N, Dual exhaust, loads of stuff coming soon

2001 S10 Blazer Daily Driver, bone stock 4 door 4x4 with manual transmission
Lippyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:03 PM   #15
LuckyHenriksen

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
We have all been there. They will get over it....believe me!
X2 been there done that. They get over it. Like the other guys said, just don't drive.
Senior Project
Build Thread Here
LuckyHenriksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:05 PM   #16
larry may

Yeha buddy good nuff . Least wise ya did not get the rubber hose welted across your body in addition to the cold sholder from Mom and Dad. or didja. Best follow their lead on this one. Pick your friends wisely. Peer pressure sucks eh!

Thou shalt be cool and not hassle

Be a site supporter.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool inclines to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
larry may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:20 PM   #17
Riveted1
Tasty Cakes!

I think it's great that you at least CARE how your parents feel. Most kids these days don't seem to. Like was said before, they will get over it. There are much worse things you could have been doing. Mark this one down as a lesson learned and just remember how you felt that day when the temptation to do something like that comes around again. Keep your head up!

----------------
'66 Chevy SWB "Penny"
'67 Chevy Big Window SWB- aka "Pearl"
'72 Burb- "Betty" "It's not a hearse dammit"
'99 Chevy Ext. cab Silverado
Riveted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:01 PM   #18
kcjones
I wish I was a cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilandr452 View Post

My advice to you would be to keep communication lines open with your parents and always be honest, especially when you make stupid mistakes. Trust is the most important thing right now between you and your parents. Lose that and you will lose more than just your freedoms, you will lose their respect and that lasts much longer than the punishment for a mistake.....
....Keep that up and remember how important it is that you don't get caught lying. It hurts them more than you can imagine if you lie to them.

Dan

What Dan said is right on (sorry about the paraphrase, Dan). What others have said is probably just as accurate, but from my perspective the key to mutual respect in ANY relationship is honesty. When I was younger I thought older people were always trying to teach me lessons just so I'd do what they wanted me to do. Maybe so, but I also learned as I grew that they were trying to teach me how to live the happiest I could. If you spend 1 minute of your life covering a lie you've created, you've spent too much.

And as another mentioned, you're taking it like a man. I've met many a man who has no idea what that means, but I can bet you those that know what it means will agree - it starts with honesty.

Oh, yeah, and it will definitely pass.

Met list: Cyclone,Wilson,TranzAm,extd56,hotrodhomi,mnky30,Rokcrln,Brad,JerryJones(well, his truck anyway).
kcjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:06 PM   #19
87Lowrider
Navy Radioman Veteran

Don't fret... The guys in here are right!

It'll be ok.. just learn from it. (Sounds like you have)

Guilt is a parents weapon too... sounds like they got through to you.

Hurry back.... PD needs someone to put over his shoulder or knee.

Kenny
The other OLD guy!
87Lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:06 PM   #20
thirdstreettito
Resident of Here

Wow. Sorry to hear that man. My parents have gotten that mad at me plenty of times, I storm to my room, then walk out an hour later and act like it never happened. Course I've never gotten drunk, but I did do something in 1st grade that was almost as bad, I wont tell you guys what I did.

Miss having a truck
thirdstreettito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:07 PM   #21
Ol'Rover
Project: years too late.

we'er gunna miss ya bud, dont let them take that truck. Good luck, hope to see you sooner than later.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:17 PM   #22
mr48chev

If you only ended up with a hangover and extremely mad and disappointed parents consider it a lesson in life to be remembered and go on.
And you can be sure that most every one of us here on the board did something at one time that caused us to get grounded and make our parents mad at us.

If you didn't try to drive, harm anyone or yourself (except for the hangover and sick feeling the next day) it isn't the end of the world but your world will be a bit smaller for a while.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:21 PM   #23
Kayotic

Well did ya atleast get some? She must have been pretty hot to keep you out all night.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:25 PM   #24
au03z71

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
If you only ended up with a hangover and extremely mad and disappointed parents consider it a lesson in life to be remembered and go on.
And you can be sure that most every one of us here on the board did something at one time that caused us to get grounded and make our parents mad at us.

If you didn't try to drive, harm anyone or yourself (except for the hangover and sick feeling the next day) it isn't the end of the world but your world will be a bit smaller for a while.
No doubt. At least you didn't wind up in jail. Just imagine the $#!+storm that would have brewed up... Consider youreself lucky. Your parents will chill, and if you're anything like the rest of us you'll learn from your mistakes. Sure you'll probably drink again and your parents will, for one reason or another, get pissed again, but you'll live...
au03z71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:30 PM   #25
67chevemall

Make me thirsty! Gonna down a dozen right now!
67chevemall is offline   Reply With Quote