The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-21-2009, 01:12 PM   #1
Larry S

Internal fuel pump and sender

Im agonizing between a fuel cell and a blazer tank kit. I am wanting to know if an internal fuel pump/ sender is avaliable for the 67-72 blazer tank going in a 69 swb pu, with the correct ohm sender for factory fuel gauge, and the correct pressure fuel pump to run fuel injection on a 96 5.7 vortec (I'm thinking its around 60-70 psi for the vortec). I have the pump and sender that came out of the tank that the 5.7 came out of, but I dont know if the gauge in a 96 was the same ohms as the 69, and the pump/ sender is too tall. I could possibly modify it and make it work, if they are the same ohms. Does anyone know?? Thanks!!!
Larry S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:24 PM   #2
Rokcrln

Re: Internal fuel pump and sender

In my LFD Low Buck truck build I used a 26 gal tank out of an 89 blazer. I just swapped out the TBI pump for one that would run my LT1 and I think a Vortec pump is the same size to snap in as well. The stock sender worked fine with my factory gauge. The only thing is the tank is long and if you are running rear leafs it will fit fine but close. If you have the stock panard bar you will need to swap over to the ECE re-locater kit and then modify the frame end so the tank clears. Last on the list is the filler is set up for a pass fill but that can be changed.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
Larry S

Re: Internal fuel pump and sender

Yea, theres a Blazer pump kit on ebay that I'm looking at. The deminsions are 26 1/2"x 16 1/2x 13" tall. The factory tank from the 1996 silverado is 13" tall also at the sender/ pump. So, Im wondering if the 96 silverado will snap in the Blazer tank. If it has the same snap ring on it I'm thinking it may work, (but I also need to know about the gauge ohms). I'm using the wiring harness from the 1996 and it would be sweet if that sender would lock in that tank and just plug the wiring in and it would be the correct pump for the vortec for sure. I was wondering if anyone has tried that setup?
Larry S is offline   Reply With Quote