The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-08-2002, 01:15 PM   #1
ocbaud
Garage Queen Material

my friend is stupid

well, the other night we were all hanging out at this girls house, and my friend jake was asking me how he should and could lower his truck(80 stepside) and i told him to go with a 3/5 drop or a 2/4 drop. and i told him that with the 3/5 drop(the one i was urging him towards) he would need to get a flip kit to save money and that he SHOULD get 3" drop spindles instead of 3" drop coils, because the spindles are better for everything. then my other friend(the stupid one) chimes in and says "well you arent gonna need it to handle great unless you plan on taking a 90 degree turn at 40mph"

but of course he is dumb, he sold his old 76' chevy and got an s10, then got a mustang, then sold the s10 and now has a 79 el camino(all before he is even 17 years old)

but he also always argues with me saying that a limited slip and a posi rearend are NOT the same thing. no matter how hard i try to tell them they are, he doesnt listen. he describes the limited slip as if it were an open dif. and the posi, as if it were a spool
ocbaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 01:25 PM   #2
messed up c-10
RHCP afficianado

Re: my friend is stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by ocbaud

he also always argues with me saying that a limited slip and a posi rearend are NOT the same thing. no matter how hard i try to tell them they are, he doesnt listen. he describes the limited slip as if it were an open dif. and the posi, as if it were a spool
hmmm. that sounds alot like a friend of mine. He never leaves this argument alone. He is planing on getting a '98 caviler i think. He wants to turn it into a ricer. All the plastic he wants to put on that thing would make it even uglier.
Here are some links to some good music.
Jack Johnson
Donavon Frankenreiter
messed up c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 06:31 PM   #3
Tom
driving is in my blood

A 3/5 drop? If I was your friend, Id be mad at you

You should have been pushing the 5/7 drop. MMMMMMM slammed trucks......
-CBR600F4i, CBR600RR, CBR1000RR, and standup skis
DISCLAIMER: I cant spell for the life of me.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 08:45 PM   #4
ocbaud
Garage Queen Material

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
A 3/5 drop? If I was your friend, Id be mad at you

You should have been pushing the 5/7 drop. MMMMMMM slammed trucks......
he said he didnt want it really low. and i had to talk him into getting 275/60/15's for new tires, because he was about to get 295/50/15's all around, and you just cant have that
ocbaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 11:55 PM   #5
Big Paul
Iamnotanofficerofthelaw

I've got a dumb friend like that. I think we all have at least ONE retarted friend don't we?

Like my friend who wanted to put a 150shot nitrous system on his '68 C-10 with a tired 327, with over 200,000 miles. Or when he bought a '68 GMC for $2200, thought he could sell it for $3500, but ended up selling it for $1500. And the time he told me that we should steal my dads '89 Silverado, rip out the interior and give it to his neighbor who had an '88 4x4 that got stolen and burned out on the inside.

'87 S-10 Ext Cab- 2.8L/700r4
KIA Caught fire 12/7/03
Big Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 12:01 AM   #6
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

I use to have friends like this, but I now know they weren't really friends. A true friend won't get you into trouble like mine used to. I try my best to steer clear of people like this now. I'm too damned old to be messing with idiots anymore.

1985 Chevy C-10
swervin ervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 12:20 AM   #7
1FaastC10
Account Suspended

Eric, i know exactly what you're talking about. i went to an automotive trade school for a while that was absolutely full of these idiots. i've had my hands in quite a few different areas of automotive interest. when i was in HS i used to help my buddy's brother in law with his roundy rounder, i've helped built 10-15 demo derby cars, enduro cars, lowered trucks, sports cars, helped my uncle wrench on his K20 when i was younger, and that's just naming stuff off the top of my head. i have often been accused of being a know-it-all. which i am not, i've just got a pretty decent idea of how most things work.

i have a friend that completed the same 2 year HS Vo-Tech program that i completed, and worked at a quick lube place since he was in HS(graduated '00, just recently quit) he constantly has something to argue about. he often fails to remember about the college courses i took that he has absolutely no idea how those things work, my experiences, and the amount of research and reading i do. really pisses me off sometimes, but, oh well. we'll see who's projects A)get done first and B)last longer. then we'll see who really knows his stuff
1FaastC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 01:55 AM   #8
79BIG10
I'm back with 2nd truck!

How about having a brother like that

"Don't underestimate how sexy a fat man who drinks to excess can be." Homer Simpson
79BIG10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 02:35 AM   #9
low 84

Quote:
Originally posted by 1FaastC10
Eric, i know exactly what you're talking about. i went to an automotive trade school for a while that was absolutely full of these idiots. i've had my hands in quite a few different areas of automotive interest. when i was in HS i used to help my buddy's brother in law with his roundy rounder, i've helped built 10-15 demo derby cars, enduro cars, lowered trucks, sports cars, helped my uncle wrench on his K20 when i was younger, and that's just naming stuff off the top of my head. i have often been accused of being a know-it-all. which i am not, i've just got a pretty decent idea of how most things work.

i have a friend that completed the same 2 year HS Vo-Tech program that i completed, and worked at a quick lube place since he was in HS(graduated '00, just recently quit) he constantly has something to argue about. he often fails to remember about the college courses i took that he has absolutely no idea how those things work, my experiences, and the amount of research and reading i do. really pisses me off sometimes, but, oh well. we'll see who's projects A)get done first and B)last longer. then we'll see who really knows his stuff
man i know exactly what your talking about, the head mechanic at work insists that putting moth balls in your gas tank is the same as octane booster and another one of the techs refuses to believe that you can gain gas milage from making performance improvements i just let them talk and walk away.

'05 1500 Crew Cab

RIP
'84 swb 5/7 drop, solid cammed 408 w/ fully ported dart heads, th350 w/ 10 inch hughes, 12 bolt w/ 3.73 richmonds and a locker
'80 swb 4x4 in progress: 7" lift, 350 th350/np205, d44 and 1.5" ORD tie rod, 14BFF w/discs , armored diff covers, 40" MTR's
low 84 is offline   Reply With Quote