The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-29-2009, 11:34 AM   #1
stepn67

Question Want a Static Level Drop - Need Help!

I've got a '67 stepper which will have 255/60-15 meats all the way around and I want a drop which is level all around with about a 3" gap between the top of the tires to the fender lip. Does anyone have an idea of how much drop front and back I'll need to accomplish this? I plan to use a dropped spindle in the front with shorter than stock spring but odn't know how much. I looked at the examples of drops in the ECE site but all have a rake. Any help would be great. Thanks!
stepn67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:15 PM   #2
see ten
WTB this ad

Re: Want a Static Level Drop - Need Help!

Try doing a search for member 71see10. Here's a couple pics of his sons pickup. It has a 2.5" drop spindle in the front with a stock spring. Out back it has 5" drop springs. It may not be level but it's definitly closer then the trucks on the ECE site. A new factory height coil might have brought the front up a bit as well.

He also has another truck with this same drop that I think we did install new factory height springs in. It's running 17" wheels though.

My truck is running a 3.5"/6" drop. I doubt you want to go that low if you still want to have 3" between the top of your tires and the fenders.

see ten is offline   Reply With Quote