The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-05-2009, 05:43 PM   #1
enaberif

Painless Wiring Dash Harness

Looking at this guy here:
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...w=1&N=700+150+

How would you use this with the stock harness?

The plug into the current cluster is a large connector that this does not look like it would work with.

Do you have to do some splicing or something? Or does this plug somewhere into the stock wiring?

Anyone used this thing?
enaberif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:58 PM   #2
redrat
gearhead

Re: Painless Wiring Dash Harness

when i replaced all my gauges with Auto meeter gauges i used this harness. it comes with the male and female plug. you will cut the factory harness plug off and only use the wires needed for your gauges, turn signals, high beam indicator, dash lights and what ever else you need. it comes with the pins for you to crimp on your factory wires and they snap in to the main plug that comes in the kit. I would only use this kit if your changing all you gauges over to aftermarket elecrtic gauges. if your running the stock gauges go to a salvage yard and see what you can find.
hope this helps. Ryan
redrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:01 PM   #3
enaberif

Re: Painless Wiring Dash Harness

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrat View Post
when i replaced all my gauges with Auto meeter gauges i used this harness. it comes with the male and female plug. you will cut the factory harness plug off and only use the wires needed for your gauges, turn signals, high beam indicator, dash lights and what ever else you need. it comes with the pins for you to crimp on your factory wires and they snap in to the main plug that comes in the kit. I would only use this kit if your changing all you gauges over to aftermarket elecrtic gauges. if your running the stock gauges go to a salvage yard and see what you can find.
hope this helps. Ryan
Nope I'm switching all gauges to aftermarket. I just feel it looks better and will be easier.

But thanks!
enaberif is offline   Reply With Quote