The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-10-2002, 08:49 PM   #1
Baldheadednut

Free dents and creases at Wal-Mart

I got me a set.
This lady had pulled into a handicap parking space as I passed by and guess what, she wanted to turn around and go the other way.As she backed up however, she got my left fender and door.She said that she was looking out for people,not BLUE TRUCKS.guess I should be glad I wasnt walking HUH? Her insurance is most likely gonna total it out. Makes me sick to my stomach.All that work and crunch.
Thats all I have to say about that.
Baldheadednut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 08:56 PM   #2
pkbinplano
pkbinplano

Don't let them total it. Let them pay you for the damage and keep the truck. Then just fix it yourself. Tell them you won't sue if they pay you for damages and that you are willing to work with them
Old 12-10-2002, 09:16 PM   #3
Baldheadednut

I dont know man. The way things have been going Im thinkin Im gonna get screwed to the wall on this.Just the way things have been going. Know what I mean.
Old 12-10-2002, 09:56 PM   #4
Heavy_Steel

When we got into an accident in our car, the insurance company "totalled" it out. They payed us the retail value of our car ($4,700) plus the purchase price of the totaled car ($978).

We had first dibs if we wanted to buy back the totaled out car for $978.

If your truck isn't damaged that badly, then keep the truck. They can't take it away from you.
Old 12-11-2002, 12:14 AM   #5
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

totals

they cant total out your car and take the wreck unless they insure it. they can offer you book value of it, as opposed to what the actual damage is if its greater than the value of the car. but they cant take the actual car.You need to document all your repairs and upgrades to the vehicle to upgrade the value they will offer you. Dont let them tell you your trucks upgrades are maintenance. and most important give them only copies of the actual receipts. You should do decently on this i mean in 1986 i got $1400 for a 1974 Impala that was rusted out I wound up fixing it for less than a hundred bucks

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 03:43 AM   #6
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

Stick to your guns and get the insurance company to fit it. If cab damage is extensive then they might total it.
Old 12-11-2002, 09:34 AM   #7
Baldheadednut

whats bad is that I think it already has a salvage title.
Old 12-11-2002, 11:19 AM   #8
PHOENIX

I hear ya man. Its complete BS.

My girl friend is going through some sh*t right now. A young guy with no insurance ran into the back of her brand new car (2002 Malibu). He put two little creases on the bumper. To fix it, it will cost about $800 for new bumper and to paint it. The young man is now in jail for armed robbery. We have to pull him out of jail for court. We will probly never see that money. I want to f*ck him up! Anyway she works at a mall and someone ran into her car again. Didnt stick around of course they just drove off. She came out after work and saw it. Hit the bumper again. This time scuffed it up and mis-aligned it. Damn it pisses me off. They need much stricter punishment for people who do this, its unexceptable. I hope one day I catch someone hitting a car and speeding off. Ill track em down or atleast get a plate.

Sorry to hear about your problems. But atleast you know your now the only one. Not that it makes anything better.
Old 12-12-2002, 01:05 AM   #9
Hooter
My other Love

The insurance company wrote off the 1970 monte I bought because of a head on collison. The car was hard to find parts for so instead of fixing it ICBC wrote it off. Luckily I have been able to reinsure it. I hate insurance companys, bunch of scum bags.

Castlegar B.C.The great white North (Canada Eh!)
Hooter_5@hotmail.com
First generation Monte Carlo club
pictures of my life
Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 01:43 PM   #10
Baldheadednut

I went to get an estimate from the insurance pro body shop and they said the fender can be fixed and the door replaced(Japanese aftermarket door)and painted back CLOSE to the same color at $1025.47.This is not good .So I went to see a buddy who does body work and he said for about $1400 more he would paint the whole truck with a new GM door.
Metallic indigo blue. Now I need to come up with $1400 bonez.
Its not turning out as bad as I thought it would so far.
Old 12-12-2002, 01:49 PM   #11
BigRed

Quote:
Originally posted by Baldheadednut
I went to get an estimate from the insurance pro body shop and they said the fender can be fixed and the door replaced(Japanese aftermarket door)and painted back CLOSE to the same color at $1025.47.This is not good .So I went to see a buddy who does body work and he said for about $1400 more he would paint the whole truck with a new GM door.
Metallic indigo blue. Now I need to come up with $1400 bonez.
Its not turning out as bad as I thought it would so far.
Man, I'm jealous!! That's the color I want. However, it will be nice to see another truck with that color before I do it. Good luck!
Old 12-12-2002, 02:05 PM   #12
Baldheadednut

Dont be jealous, it hasent been painted yet.