The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-16-2009, 09:09 PM   #1
truckster

Question A Tale of Two Windows

When I bought the Blazer, the passenger side window in the top was a piece of plexiglas held in place (not very well) with some screws. Playing around in the snow a couple of months ago I came down hard and the plexiglas came out. So I went the the driver's side and cut a small section of the rubber out so I could match it (the weatherstrip on the left). I was able to find a guy who sold me a couple of tinted windows for a good price, and today I got to work on it.

I was surprised after I got the gasket in and put the glass up to it. The glass is bigger than the opening. I had a spare rear hatch, and I took the rubber out of it to put the glass in. But, as you can see on the right, the rubber for the glass I bought is an overlap design. This rubber is fine for a double wall, but mine's a single wall.

So I have a couple of questions- 1) Were there a couple of different sizes of glass for the quarter windows, or did the PO have something cut to fit the opening? 2) Is there anyone who really sells the single-wall rubber, or am I going to have to make do with the double-wall stuff?

Either way, I like the way it looks with the tinted window.
Attached Images

Last edited by truckster; 02-17-2009 at 12:13 AM.
truckster is offline   Reply With Quote