The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-07-2009, 03:23 PM   #1
monte0185

New Toy for the Collection

Well I went and got a new toy for the collection. Not sure the complete plan for it but I got a vague idea. First thing is to clean the garage so I can put it in there and start taking it apart. Although if you notice the bottom of the front fenders its gonna be interesting. I figure I'm gonna take pieces from my other 72 to build this one. All the parts that are missing i have minus the engine and transmission.
Attached Images

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
monte0185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:25 PM   #2
monte0185

Re: New Toy for the Collection

Some more.
Attached Images

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
monte0185

Las two. Gotta go take the little woman out before she gets mad at me.
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2009, 03:27 PM   #4
Number98
Prestige Worldwide

Looks like a good solid start though!
Number98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:01 PM   #5
Security guy

Looks like a great project. What did the p.o. do with the bottom of the fenders? It looks like he welded them to the rockers? Oh well, nothing that a cut off wheel won't fix. Keep us updated on progress.
Security guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
monte0185

Not Sure what the PO was thinking. He also Did this to the inner fener wells and the frame horns. He was planning on putting a fiberglass roll pan on the front. Now my big question. I know that the front marker lights can be shaved and still be legal but what about the rear ones? Anyone know? Also whats everyone doing for a heater box with a shaved firewall? Im sure someones run across this. All In all it wasnt a bad price for what all has been done. He also had a sweet looking 72 in the garage. Wish I had brought my camera with me. I of course asked him if he had been on the website and he had never heard of it so I had to advertise.
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2009, 08:01 PM   #7
Security guy

Looks like the previous owner spent a lot of time and work on little things. When I look at a truck, I look at over all appereance. I don't look to much at the bottom of the fender wells. It looks like it would of been slick if he finished it. As far as the heater box, I haven't done that myself, but there is a kit called hot rod heater (I think) that has the heater core and everything for inside the firewall. If you do a search on here, you could probably find someone that has done this before. Definately makes for a slick firewall. Good luck on your project.

Last edited by Security guy; 03-07-2009 at 08:02 PM. Reason: spelling
Security guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:12 PM   #8
monte0185

Thanks for the tips!! Well tomorrow is garage cleaning day. Gotta make room for the new project. Plans are to strip it down to the frame for starters. Then going through and cleaning the frame and putting some por-15 on it then rebuilding the front suspension. PO used 4 inch drop coild out back and looks like he just cut the original front springs from what I can tell. Not sure though. but the fronts are not new and neither are the spindles so thats what im assuming. All the glass and everything came with it along with all new door seals and window felt. So after paint Ill already have new goodies to put on it.