The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2009, 02:39 PM   #1
Piotrowski102

4x4 Problem, HELP!

Whats up, The other day I was doing some verry moderate 4x4ing in some fresh snow on a tral, all flat about 4" of fresh snow crawling verry slowly in 4hi and 1st gear, when all of the sudden I go to turn around on a wide spot and I hear a click click click click sound coming from the t case area, the more I get on the gas the faster the sound and when I looked on my dash (electric 4x4) the light went out on my 4x4. I managed to back it out verry slowly in 4lo with the clicking sound still sounding, once I got out the sound was still being made once I was in 2wd, I managed to limp it home a km from the spot doing like 15kmh witht he sound still clicking As soon as I turned onto my road tho the sound completly stopped and the truck went back to normal, 4x4 hi worked again and it wa back to normal. So I turned around and went into town to get shoes and everything was normal for about an hour till I stoped at a red light on the way home. When I went to slow down the truck was pushing as if it was in 4lo till I stopped. When I went to take off the truck reved up pretty high but was baraly moving almost like it has shifted into 4lo on ts own than all of the suden KAPING SMASH the truck jerked hard than went back to narmal, WTF so I drove slow to the next red light than KAPING KAPING CRUNCH when I stoped once again WTF. The truck was realy jumpy pulling away from the light till I pulled over in a parking lot and tryed out the 4x4 once again CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK. **** ME I sat there for about 30 min with my buddy thinking wtf Than went to drive it home and it was all normal. So this moring I changed the t case oil with DEXRON III ATF. The old oil seemd like new with no shavings or chunks of gears in it lol. So at this point the truck workes fine in 2wd but in 4hi or 4lo the CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK is still there. I dont know what could be up anybody know what could be wrong? I was told possibly the drive solenoid? Im so confused over this. Thers a transmition place down town that gives free diagnostics but I hered they like puting sand in the vaseline befor the **** you up the ass lol. I just want to know what you guys think and could be the problem, I just want to get it fixed befor mud season cause its coming up quick! Thanks!