The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-18-2009, 05:41 PM   #1
60ratrod
yes, i do

project 80 chevy shorty on hold

well i think that i am going to hold off on doing the front clip, or anything else for that matter, for a little while. i recently tried to go title the truck and found out that i couldn't transfer the truck into my name cause the guy that the kid i traded with only signed the odometer block on the title and not the registered/legal owner lines. i'm in the process of trying to get a hold of the guy so i can get this all legalized. i don't wanna do anymore work to this thing if i'm gonna have to scrap it. anyone else run into a situation like this? if i do end up having to scrap the thing then i'm gonna yank the motor and tranny, plus anything else that i might be able to use. thankfully there is a junk yard not too far from where i live. but i really don't wanna scrap it cause i've been wanting a short bed truck for so friggen long. would there be any other ways that i would be able to get a title in my name if i can't get a hold of the PO that's on the title??
60ratrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:53 PM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: project 80 chevy shorty on hold

there are all kinds of services that handle getting legal titles on the internet.. of if you have a friend who is a legitimate mechanic they can file a lein and take possession

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:07 PM   #3
HanSoloWS6

I had a similar issue with a Firebird my wife and I bought a few years ago. But the only thing I could get was a bill of sale from TN and in OH it wasn't legal for title transfer. I don't think at any point did I have contact with the owner of the car, only a friend on an F-body forum and the guy whose land the car was on. What a mess that was. Since I couldn't title it easily, we sold it for scrap.

Pop's Garage Photography - Dayton, Ohio

My Truck Build Page
HanSoloWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:31 PM   #4
60ratrod
yes, i do

well i think fortune just smiled upon me. i emailed the kid that i got the truck from a night or two ago and he sent me the legal po's email and i shot the guy an email to include both my email address and my cell so we could talk and get this thing figured out. so while i was at the subway on base getting ready to eat the legal po called me and said that we could arrange some sort of meeting so we can get this all legal and what not. so woot and stuff. if all goes well the only thing that will keep project 80 chevy shorty on hold will be the funds.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:44 PM   #5
Cherub

yea i have a similar situation. I lost the title to my vehicle before i had a chance to get it registered in my name. Now i have to go get a shurity bond and then get it retiteled. who knows how much its going to run me.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:12 PM   #6
blackdiesel

Man, I'm glad I live in Arkansas. you can title a car over 25 years old with just a bill of sale.
'57 2wd change
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...light=speedway
blackdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #7
3r!c84
Badass

Talking Re: project 80 chevy shorty on hold

i had the same problem!!!!!!!!!! we just forged his sigg,(but i wouldnt recommend it) lol
3r!c84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:26 PM   #8
73chevyman

damn thats cool you got in touch with the dude. think we all would of had a heart attack if you would of have to scrap the truck. weeeeeeeew good job man hope all goes well and you get that truck back on the road kicking foreign cars butts lol
http://hotridesmag.com/
73chevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:55 PM   #9
60ratrod
yes, i do

i would have been very upset about it. i still have to get back in touch with the guy to arrange a meeting. i was gonna have my wife sign his name since she's got art skills

-60 Chevy C10, dead 350/good th350 combo, sitting on a 76 c10 blazer frame, built from 11 different vehicles "the abomination"
-07 gmt900 silverado 1500 lt xcab z71, granite blue
-81 suzuki gs650g "shelah"- current project
-81 kz1000m1 csr "sarge" -next project (just beautification)
-07 kawasaki vulcan classic vn900