The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-22-2009, 07:50 PM   #1
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Its officially the first weekend of spring what did you get done 3/21/09

I started getting ready some of the parts i amassed over the winter to bring upstate and put on the side for the week i spend there fixing up mine... what about yall?

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:56 PM   #2
enaberif

Re: Its officially the first weekend of spring what did you get done 3/21/09

Distributor work: cap, rotor, springs, vac can
Tach Installed
New exhaust manifolds
Found some horribly butchered wiring for some major ignition components
Painted my grill blitz black (looks much better)
enaberif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:11 PM   #3
keith61760

Not much here. Just some spring household painting projects!
Attached Images

keith61760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:13 PM   #4
tvblazer78
Low & Fast!

Got the Blazer home today from my dads and went to Nashville for one day with the wife and son.. Happy to be home, now I am ready for bed..
tvblazer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:44 PM   #5
westie 666

Completed all my tidy up jobs after the cam install then fitted my $50.00 sway bar, in for new exhaust on Wednesday.

Then I am done, until something else comes along
Old 03-22-2009, 08:51 PM   #6
Square84
I don't think these pills work

painted the wheels on my burb. decided ther was to much black so i changed them to red.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:57 PM   #7
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Almost finished the install of my 6-lug disc brake swap on my beater '69 swb.
I swapped most of the static drop components off my blazer to this truck. I still need to bleed the brakes and get my 6-lug ralleys painted.
I will post pics when the 5.5"/7.5" static drop is done.
Attached Images

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:43 PM   #8
S10Fan
Old Heap Driver

Went and looked at another hood for the Heap, straight as an arrow but the inner structure is rotten along the front. Mine is rotting on the outside but good on the inside. I thought about swapping my inner structure into the other hood’s outer. Decided I’ll just buy an aftermarket hood and be done with it.

Spent most of Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon tracking down an electrical problem on my S-10. I have shaved handles and both door solenoids quit working. Yes, that can be a problem. Anyway, problem turned out to be a broken fuse holder, all is well again.

'99 Silverado 1500, 4.3, 5-speed, reg cab, short bed
'50 Chevy 2DR Hard Top, 350/350, M2 Front End, 3:08 gear, cruiser.
'40 F**d Sedan, all Chevy power, Heidt's front end, TCI rear, nice driver.
S10Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:47 PM   #9
silvereagle07

I spent Saturday with my little girl. We went to a Vette and classic car show. We also stopped by a import show. I had a really good time. I spent Sunday with the wife and daughter. If momma aint happy, no bodys happy, shopping day. Glad that's over. No truck stuff again.

'84 GMC project truck
'85 Chevy 4X4 SOLD
'07 Chevy Trailblazer SS

5th Annual SHPHC Car/Truck Show Pics
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=543605 UPDATED PICS! CHECK 'EM OUT
silvereagle07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:16 PM   #10
87Lowrider
Navy Radioman Veteran

Readjusted the Valvetrain on the '87 today. Purrs like a kitten, quiet as a mouse.

Cooked out for the family!
87Lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:26 PM   #11
badblu97
Double 6's

Worked ALL weekend, so Monday is my weekend, went and picked up an 85 for parts ($40) with title, stock bed floor with some nice tubs, prolly just use the floor of the bed on my project. Gonna start pressure washing the frame and all and start stripping!!!

1966 LWB Custom Cab (sold)
1982 Short Fleet (under the knife)
1998 S10 2wd Fleet
2007 Chevy Silverado Crew
2007 Harley Davidson Street Glide
badblu97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:48 PM   #12
SBTork
Garage wrench

I spent Saturday working then came home and took the rear bumper and hitch off of my '82. The saturday was spent taking some bed bolts out, I have all but two out and may need the help of an airsaw and grinder to coax the other two out. After I get that off it will be on to suspension work. I know it's going to be a good project after spending a complete day taking out rusty bolts and having fun doing it.

90 V1500 GMC Suburban 350/700R4/NP241.....
01 Saturn SL1 stock DD.....
SBTork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:35 PM   #13
bigblock73
yeller

I was S-I-C-K Wed/Thur/Fri so I didn't get anything done those days. This weekend, I am feeling better luckily. I dropped off a set of steel wheels and front and rear bumper brackets at the powdercoaters...all parts for the '77. I also restored the factory door speaker brackets and grills and have them ready to go for the '73...next up is to cut and dye the door panels for them to sit on. I also dyed the NOS arm rest, and was going to start on the dash pad, then realized it wasn't as nice as I had remembered.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:38 PM   #14
SiCk_DiAbLo

Case of cold beer..
1965 Custom 10..FOR SALE

SiCk_DiAbLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:21 AM   #15
f.monroe

Truck related , nothing . I did see some nice fullsize trucks at Pinks All Out in Ennis . My entire family had a good time . My boys seemed to like it a lot so I am glad we planned the weekend and bought the Super Seat tickets early . Two fullsize trucks made the All out 16 .
Frank
Old 03-23-2009, 12:36 AM   #16
SCOTI

We went to Disney World for Sping Break vacation & got home late Friday afternoon. I enjoyed the week away from the 'real' job!

While I was away, I received some goodies from several board members: an NOS 67-72 a/c control panel; an NOS 67-72 dash pad (in the original shipping container); & a 70-81 Camaro Z-28 steering wheel. This was stuff I bought from the Xmas cash my GF's parents gave me back in December.

Yesterday, I visited my buddies @ Stoked Out to see what the latest updates were on their various projects. They're crunching to complete a Rambler station wagon in time for Good-Guys Delmar CA (2wks). Sweet looking car & I'm sure N2billet will get some pics up before the car heads out.

After leaving there, I hit the shop to finish up on the rear frame mods for my RetroRod project (boxing & reinforcement plating). I finished up the drivers side rear frame & then spent from 10 to 6 again today (start to 3/4 finished) on the pass side.

During this week, I'll start chopping the frame from lwb to swb & begin planning some additional bracing to limit frame flex.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:52 AM   #17
sick69

A sweet yet sour week end.

So a buddy calls me up friday night and says "hey come over tomorrow and give me a hand with my attorney's audi" (we often do side work together to fund our other projects/hobbies)

So saturday I get to my buddy's house and find out the engine needs to come out because the rear main/torque converter seal is leaking. So we spend a couple hours disconnecting everything under the hood. I crawl under the audi and remove the belly pan and get ready to started seperating the torque converter bolts.

Well before I get to deep, I realize the flex plate, torque converter, inside of the bell housing and back of the engine are al as dry as a popcorn fart!!!! There isn't anything inside the bell housing leaking.

So I bring this to my buddy's attention and we realize the leak is a couple of tranny lines that have compression fittings that are directly under the bell housing!!!!!!(The whole area is normally covered by the belly pan) SWEET the engine doesn't have to come out. So he seperates the fittings, cleans the fittings, replaces the o rings, teflon tapes the threads and puts them back together.

We reassemble everything under the hood, put the hood back on and go for a test drive to make sure the fittings are done leaking. We drive for about 20 minutes and stop at a gas station with a really screwed up parking lot. I wiggle under the car and check the tranny lines. Killer! they aren't leaking and neither is anything else. We head for his house to finish putting the engine cover and belly pan back on. About 3 blocks from his house steam starts from under the hood! We hurry up get to his house and the car isn't over heating, just steaming like crazy! It looks like its on fire!!! We open the hood and find the puke tube nipple on the radiator is no longer attachedand there is now a open hole in the radiator tank and there is coolant spraying the entire engine compartment.

So my buddy calls his buddy/parts guy to check on a radiator. This is where it went really sour!

They can get one in 3-5 days,,,no big deal. It runs 799.99! HOLY SHEET!
For a radiator! 799.99 for a radiator!
Anyone know how to weld plastic?

So that was my weekend,, how was everyone else's?

Frank
sick69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:56 AM   #18
trenchwarfare

I put wedges in my leaf springs to fix the pinion angle. Too bad it was Sunday, as i need larger ones. I put new plug wires in. I swapped my driver's side rotor and found my break hose had a slice in it. Can't fix that until tomorrow either. I also got a new battery to replace my inner fender rotting, acid leaking, older battery. I think that was it.
I still need to replace my rear bumper, put my new driver's side fender on, replace glass in driver's side mirror, paint, fix dents, make a new center console, fix overhead console, replace speedo gear, and probably quite a few other things.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:18 AM   #19
83burban

Got my suburban back on the road after a motor swap. Got it all fired up and it runs great, motor is all broken in perfect now...except for now I need to rebuild the carb and replace the stupid sensors in it.

After that rear end needs to be overhauled and my baby should be good to go mechanically

Also got most of the under hood electrical connections cleaned up and fixed, thanks to the PO who broke half of them.

Should be a fun rest of spring break, maybe I'll get a chance to work on the 63 in the back
83burban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:39 AM   #20
enaberif

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83burban View Post
Also got most of the under hood electrical connections cleaned up and fixed, thanks to the PO who broke half of them.
I have to do this but its going to be a good 1/2 day for me to fix my PO's messes ugh!
enaberif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:47 AM   #21
78 Chevyrado
Account Suspended

Nothing truck related, except i used it to help put up a bunch of fence.
78 Chevyrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:59 AM   #22
D13

Found the rear brake line split on the 87, right at the protector for the tank valve. Had to wash off the PO undercoating to find the seep but now I know what's needful. Both the rear bleeders opened nice, for which I am truely grateful. Went to an auction Saturday, bought some iron for trailer ramps ($5) (My ramps fell off 10 years ago, been using boards), two sets drive on ramps ($5), a heavy engine stand ($10), a balance beam for piston weighing ($17.50), and a bunch of vinyl siding starter and corner for my parts shed ($14 for about $250 worth). Did nada Sunday.
Plus a mess o' tractors
D13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:26 AM   #23
dga93

this weekend i got new brakes new reverse light and tag light.... and inspection sticker.... finally!
dga93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:33 AM   #24
JohnC

Not much to the truck. Swapped for a stock steering wheel from HotRod73 and got that installed last night.
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:12 AM   #25
OrangeAnimal

Bolt in C notch. No more bang bang over bumps lol. I also adjusted the tailgate. No more rattle rattle either YAY. Truck is slowly coming along.

I also have been working on finishing up our house. We had replaced all the old school paneling with sheetrock and I have been cutting trim and nailing it up.

Also had to work on my Yamaha Rhino. The fuel pump lost it's prime and would pump any fuel. Took awhile to prime it up and get it going.

So then with that done I mowed my yard.
OrangeAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote