The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-23-2009, 11:44 AM   #1
57ExtCab

TaskForce Frame swap 88-99

Am in the layout stage of my current project I Have a 95 1 ton chassis that I want to put beneath my 57.
I have done some measuring and looks pretty straight forward just refab body mounts and that does'nt look like thats going to be a whole lot of trouble.

Just want to throw it out there for some of you guys that might have done this or been around someone who has,

Am I missing something??

And then again My WIFE might be RIGHT:

"Just because I drink alot of BUD that does'nt make me WISER".
57ExtCab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:27 PM   #2
OrrieG

Re: TaskForce Frame swap 88-99

From what I have read in other threads I think the cab will sit pretty high on those frames, OK for 4wd applications but if you want a stock or lowered ride height the transmission rides pretty high and the bed floor needs raised.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:28 PM   #3
57ExtCab

Yes I'm aware of. that. I will have to build Transmission Tunnel in cab @18" oncenter and @ 6" high just like you got in the cabs of these newer Donor trucks. Small challenge mostly with throttle linkage (gas Pedal a little compermize but thats just figuring out some linckage and how to mount gas pedal worse comes to worse you could raise the whole floor section give you more of a car cockpit. with feet more straight out rather than down. But really don"t think it'll come to that. Being the dash is so high in these TaskForse trucks I think It should'nt be a big problem, I'll mock up some simple Raise wood floors or wood Tunnel and see what I can figure out.
Building this tunnel should allow it to sit down, Do'nt you think?

But then again My Wife could be Right:

"Just cause I drink alot of BUD that dos'nt make me WISER"

Last edited by 57ExtCab; 03-23-2009 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Wife running her mouth could'nt think.Boy Dont I Love her
57ExtCab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:56 PM   #4
ezekiel

You might want to compare axle widths.

If you were doing a 1/2 ton project then I would recommend that you check out the width of the axles on the new truck and compare them to the width of the old axles.

You would find that the new ones are wider and may cause your wheels to interfere with the fenders.
ezekiel is offline   Reply With Quote