The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-28-2009, 04:07 PM   #1
my68c20

Tubular Control Arms

Hi all I saw Gearz last week and I really like the tubular A arms! I am planning on tubbing the rear installing a competition engineering 4 link out back but want to know who in here is using tubular A arms what brands? How much did they cost? Were they user friendly? I am planning a 78 shortbed build! Thanks all!
my68c20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:06 PM   #2
XXL
Seņor Member

Re: Tubular Control Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by my68c20 View Post
Hi all I saw Gearz last week and I really like the tubular A arms! I am planning on tubbing the rear installing a competition engineering 4 link out back but want to know who in here is using tubular A arms what brands? How much did they cost? Were they user friendly? I am planning a 78 shortbed build! Thanks all!
read

XXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:01 PM   #3
scotts62
One day...

Ya that will help him answer his question...

93 crew cab build
Project 62
scotts62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:37 PM   #4
joe231

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXL View Post
says no matches.....
Old 03-29-2009, 12:55 AM   #5
six5

XXL all those patents you have and that is the best you can come up with.....?? You should be able to answer his question while while tap dancing and singing the Star Spangled Banner.

My 1965 build...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=331302
six5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:45 AM   #6
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

In defense of XXL (did I just say that?) his original link had a full page of results from a search. Unfortunately the link is no longer valid. On the other hand the pic was a rather impolite.

my68c20 there are several different brands of tubular control arms. Do a search on www.summitracing and see what they have available.

What are you gaining to accomplish with them? Is it more of they "wow" factor because they look cool, or are you looking for other benefits?

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:05 PM   #7
XXL
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by six5 View Post
You should be able to answer his question while while tap dancing and singing the Star Spangled Banner.
I was singing an aria while posting the search link. I was not tap dancing because I was seated at the time. However, moments later I did a nice little shuffle. Thanks for asking.

As for the pic, what I've seen countless times in the near decade I've been reading this board is people asking questions before they bother to help themselves by just searching for a couple of minutes. As you well know, 70% of the threads on this forum are repeats of other threads--- what shock should I use? Show me pics of your bagged trucks? What is the cheapest way to do xyz? and so on... almost always valid questions, but rather than pop on the board and ask for a spoonfed answer, an often very simple LOOK (not even a real Search, which sometimes isn't working) will yield answers. On the "off topic" forums the post of the day talks about "personal responsibility" and "these days people just want a handout," but over here, we coddle the same people for the same behavior. I have no problems offering up advice or suggestions to posters, as evinced in my history of posts, but I also have no problem pointing out when someone is being lazy.
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:32 PM   #8
six5

I think you may want to click this link and re-read the rules that you agreed to when you signed up. Although it's fine to politely disagree and state your opinion on a given subject you went way over board with this post.

Quote:
III. No pissing matches. Its fine to disagree, but once a thread has run its course, and degenerated into little more than an insult fest, it will be locked. While this will require a judgment call by the Administrators & Moderators. The members of this site can keep our moderating to a minimum by exercising a little discretion and self- control. Excessive profanity will lead to a 24 hour suspension at the Administrations discretion.
Quote:
IV. Pure trolling, either to upset someone or simply for your personal enjoyment, is strictly prohibited. If you're here to cause trouble, it will be a very short stay. Immediate BAN and you will be reported to your ISP.

Last edited by Shane; 03-29-2009 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Rules violations.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:08 PM   #9
joe231

Just a friendly heads-up concerning this thread ...

Quote:
IV. Pure trolling, either to upset someone or simply for your personal enjoyment, is strictly prohibited. If you're here to cause trouble, it will be a very short stay. Immediate BAN and you will be reported to your ISP.

Last edited by Shane; 03-29-2009 at 11:04 PM.
joe231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:16 PM   #10
Wild83C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXL View Post
I was singing an aria while posting the search link. I was not tap dancing because I was seated at the time. However, moments later I did a nice little shuffle. Thanks for asking.

As for the pic, what I've seen countless times in the near decade I've been reading this board is people asking questions before they bother to help themselves by just searching for a couple of minutes. As you well know, 70% of the threads on this forum are repeats of other threads--- what shock should I use? Show me pics of your bagged trucks? What is the cheapest way to do xyz? and so on... almost always valid questions, but rather than pop on the board and ask for a spoonfed answer, an often very simple LOOK (not even a real Search, which sometimes isn't working) will yield answers. On the "off topic" forums the post of the day talks about "personal responsibility" and "these days people just want a handout," but over here, we coddle the same people for the same behavior. I have no problems offering up advice or suggestions to posters, as evinced in my history of posts, but I also have no problem pointing out when someone is being lazy.
Agree 100%. I always search prior to asking a question. I've seen people post on a topic or ask a question and half way down the same page there was the same post.

383 MASS-FLO EFI/TKO II 600/3.90 Posi 10 bolt
S475 and C4 DM running, fine tuning
turbo=
Douchebag Racing: Runs Fine all the Time
Wild83C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:29 PM   #11
royo

Quote:
I think you may want to click this link and re-read the rules that you agreed to when you signed up. Although it's fine to politely disagree and state your opinion on a given subject you went way over board with this post.
OH no you didn't wheres Shane I see a heated debate coming up lol also do a search for air ride technologies they have the best arms just my 2cents

Last edited by royo; 03-29-2009 at 08:36 PM.
royo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:37 PM   #12
tvblazer78
Low & Fast!

It's all good..
tvblazer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:24 PM   #13
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Guys, let me be clear. Being rude to other members in NOT allowed in this forum. I appreciate everyones knowledge and vaulable input, but respecting other members is our first priority.

Either you end it now, or I will. It's your decision.

Articles-

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
Old 03-29-2009, 10:20 PM   #14
six5

N2TRUX do me a favor and delete my user name and all of my posts including my build thread.

Thanks......

Dave

Old 03-29-2009, 10:25 PM   #15
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Dave- The forum staff does not delete user names or entire posts. I encourage you to take a break and come back to posting in a positive manner.

Articles-

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
Old 04-02-2009, 09:49 PM   #16
scotts62
One day...

Quote:
N2TRUX do me a favor and delete my user name and all of my posts including my build thread.

Thanks......

Dave
Ah come on now six5 just unsubscribe to this particular thread and check out all the other cool threads. This happens occasionally but its a cool place to find new ideas and make some friends.

93 crew cab build
Project 62
scotts62 is offline   Reply With Quote