The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-08-2009, 09:48 AM   #1
ChiefRocka
Hollister, CA.

My truck....

Check this out....
-
-
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...20#post3245120

What the Heck is that ??

CURRENT BUILDS:
62 BurbMaster

Other Builds:
My '63 C-10,LWB,CC,BBW
'06 HD StrAight Axle Swap

Father/Son '67 C-20, LQ9,4L80,Bagged,8-Lugger !!Good Friend Richard's Build

AMERICAN CUSTOMS & CLASSICS (831) 630-1965
www.ACCHOLLISTER.com
ACC on FACEBOOK
"Rest in Peace, Mom & Dad ... I will see you again someday!"
ChiefRocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:16 AM   #2
Joey~AP
TexasBowhunter

Re: My truck....

Noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joey~AP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:24 AM   #3
Bazooka
Keepin it old school

That sucks dude..
Bazooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #4
Tim64

It dosen't matter what it's worth, it's what you can get somebody to pay. Here in Ohio you have to damn near give stuff away to get rid of it. Nobody's got any money around here, and if they do they're sure not spending it. I guess what I'm saying is if it's not a have to case keep it. You won't get what it's worth in this market.
You'd just miss it anyway.
Hang in there,
Tim
Tim64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #5
kizer
Its Deja Vu time again

Like I posted there. I'll give you $100 now and in 6months when you come back to your senses I'll sell it back to you for $50.

Sad thing is if you really want money for it your going to have to sit on it for a while because I know you will not get what you really think its worth, which is really sad.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:33 PM   #6
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

I agree with the others.. I think it is tough to see a profit on one of these, or even break even, however you are in the right place...sunny so cal!
throw it on ebay with a high reserve, and see what the bidding gets to, that would be what the bottom $ that people would pay..
jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:31 PM   #7
MacAttack
283 Drama Queen

Man - that hurts to even think about.

Pomona Meet would be where I'd market it - just because of the exposure and the people that were looking at it wouldn't insult your intelligence.

That or we raffle it off on our site.

(This really sucks)
Old 04-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #8
ChiefRocka
Hollister, CA.

I was just trying to get an idea....I know all about the market, no body is buying anything...which is slowing everything down...including the pay check !!!

The sale of the Chief would be the last thing I would do...My wife was even talking about selling her '57 Wagon...that would yield more, but I dont want her to sell it...and as much $hit she talks about my truck, she doesn't want me to sell it either !!

But as the head of the household, and two wonderfull kids to think about...it does cross ones mind...

Later

What the Heck is that ??

CURRENT BUILDS:
62 BurbMaster

Other Builds:
My '63 C-10,LWB,CC,BBW

www.ACCHOLLISTER.com
ACC on FACEBOOK
Old 04-08-2009, 07:01 PM   #9
monolith
Zero Albedo

I gotta say- THAT was the truck that kept me coming back to keep checking out this site.

I get the rationale behind considering putting it on the market but I REALLY hope you don't have to end up selling it.

Best of luck, and I hope things pick up for you. (and the rest of us so we can all keep and enjoy our rigs.)
monolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:44 PM   #10
ol Curt

I hear you Chief. My wife made about the same as me and was downsized from a company about three years ago. She had been with them for 28 years (only job out of high school). We were fortunate to see it coming and paid everything off we could. No credit cards, no car loans, etc. We only owe on our house. Fortunately all our kids were close to being out of college by then as well. We make it ok, but every time we think we might get a little put back Murphys Law creeps in. That has put a crimp on any vacations and extras like working on my truck.

You got to do what you got to do. If you're ready to buy a house and the funds from that truck would help, go for it! There are other trucks out there and with your know how, you could easily find one and build it nice and cool just like this one. If you don't have to sell a house first it is a great time to buy!

Sorry guys, the little boy in me says 'keep it Chief", while the old man in me says "do what you feel your gut tells you!".
ol Curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:13 PM   #11
Joey~AP
TexasBowhunter

I hope things turn around for ya, hand, so you can keep it.

Good luck to you and your family!
Joey~AP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:48 PM   #12
snacks

hope you keep it im in sac and sure we will see each other at a show sooner or later
snacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:03 AM   #13
ChiefRocka
Hollister, CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monolith View Post
I gotta say- THAT was the truck that kept me coming back to keep checking out this site.

I get the rationale behind considering putting it on the market but I REALLY hope you don't have to end up selling it.

Best of luck, and I hope things pick up for you. (and the rest of us so we can all keep and enjoy our rigs.)
Thanks bro...I lot of people said that during "my build" time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol Curt View Post
I hear you Chief. My wife made about the same as me and was downsized from a company about three years ago. She had been with them for 28 years (only job out of high school). We were fortunate to see it coming and paid everything off we could. No credit cards, no car loans, etc. We only owe on our house. Fortunately all our kids were close to being out of college by then as well. We make it ok, but every time we think we might get a little put back Murphys Law creeps in. That has put a crimp on any vacations and extras like working on my truck.

You got to do what you got to do. If you're ready to buy a house and the funds from that truck would help, go for it! There are other trucks out there and with your know how, you could easily find one and build it nice and cool just like this one. If you don't have to sell a house first it is a great time to buy!

Sorry guys, the little boy in me says 'keep it Chief", while the old man in me says "do what you feel your gut tells you!".
I hear you man !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey~AP View Post
I hope things turn around for ya, hand, so you can keep it.

Good luck to you and your family!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snacks View Post
hope you keep it im in sac and sure we will see each other at a show sooner or later
Thanks fellas...

As I said, it would defiately be a last resort. Lately I have had SOOOO much on my plate. Trying to fix up my place a little to sell, trying to stay a float, and with pops STILL in the ICU, it's been tuff.

I haven't driv'n it in so long, I miss it !!

BUt dont have the time to finish it at the moment.

I leaning towards NOT selling it.....its been too fun !!

What the Heck is that ??

CURRENT BUILDS:
62 BurbMaster

Other Builds:
My '63 C-10,LWB,CC,BBW

www.ACCHOLLISTER.com
ACC on FACEBOOK
Old 04-09-2009, 11:17 AM   #14
kizer
Its Deja Vu time again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka View Post
I was just trying to get an idea....I know all about the market, no body is buying anything...which is slowing everything down...including the pay check !!!

The sale of the Chief would be the last thing I would do...My wife was even talking about selling her '57 Wagon...that would yield more, but I dont want her to sell it...and as much $hit she talks about my truck, she doesn't want me to sell it either !!

But as the head of the household, and two wonderfull kids to think about...it does cross ones mind...

Later
I do applaud you for saying that. I've thought about selling my Jeep that is my other love a few times and as luck would have it the second I said its going to happen things panned out.

Its a little off the topic of trucks but my buddy had a 79CJ and decided one day he wanted to see if he could get 10k+ out of it and put it on ebay. No bites then all of the sudden the last day he got a bid for 13k from a guy a few cities away. Done, sold, gone. The surprising thing was he was on the fence about really selling it and did it as a lets just see type of thing. He got more than he expected and well its gone.

Don't know until you try. I am by no means saying you should, but if you did go big and the worst you will find is it doesn't sell and you get to keep it. Just don't go cheap because you'll be mad later.

The problem I see with your truck and Im sure your thinking the same. Man what is it worth? I'd try and find another truck thats even remotely close to yours and guage off that. Auto Trader, Ebay, Car shows. I see 4 or 5K sitting there, but I'm sure I'm being kind and others might see a cheap paint job and a pretty motor. Its tough personally and I'd be super careful on the wording of how you sell it. If somebody knows you need money then they are going to low ball like mad.

Go big, roll the dice or "please put it back in the garage and deliver pizza in the evenings for extra cash."
Old 04-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #15
Corts60
Just here to tinker

I just had to make a similar decision. I knew I wasn't selling my '60 and the thought crossed my mind to sell my Nova but in the end, bye-bye Scottsdale. I just sold it yesterday and right now I'm daily drivin' my '60 until I finish getting the Nova road ready next week.

I feel ya man and I hope everything pans out for you.
Corts60 is offline   Reply With Quote