The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-10-2009, 10:15 AM   #1
GeorgeF

Rear Bumper Questions

I have this monstrosity on the rear of my new-to-me 1970. I want to get an OEM style rear bumper. Does any one have any experience with the LMC rear bumpers and brackets? Are they bolt-up or should I expect some cutting and welding etc on to make it fit?

PS, anyone want to buy this one?
Attached Images

GeorgeF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:06 AM   #2
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

Re: Rear Bumper Questions

I'm looking to do the same thing - replace a big ugly step bumper with a sport bumper. Used brackets bracket should be fairly easy to find and probably cheaper than repops. You may need the two sets of brackets (inner and outer) since it's a 70, but I'm not positive - someone else will pipe in on that.

I have seen some repops that bow in the middle. I'd go to one of the more quality board vendors and ask them about their replacement bumpers.
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:55 AM   #3
Blazn C5

Re: Rear Bumper Questions

You will need both inner & outer brackets. Just make sure they are for a 4x4 with leafs.
My 70 didn't have a rear bumper when I bought it so I just ordered repops and they also included new hardware. Think it was around $65. The only problem I had bolting them on was that the last bolts at the end of the frame on both sides were to close to the rear body mount bolts. The nuts couldn't clear the body mount bolts to tighten all the way up. So I had to get 2 longer bolts, added a spacer, flat washer, lock washer, and finally the nut.
Blazn C5 is offline   Reply With Quote