The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-17-2009, 10:31 AM   #1
Mr Chevorlet
Rusty Nuts

picked up a 72 4 wheel drive frame

Hey guys i have been looking for a for wheel drive frame for some time, Well i got lucky a buddy of mine went up to north missouri to help a family member on there home, and when he got there he saw a 1972 frame with the cab and front clip. The frame has been done with a new rebuilt automatic trans and a redone transfer case and a big block engine, He wants the engine back, but thats alright i didnt need it. Dont need the cab or front clip either, i am putting my 67 cab and every thing on it. Well what i am getting at is My buddy traded labor for it and then called me and ask if i still looking for one. and he even delivered it to my house. I ask him how much and he said if i would replace metal on the back of his 31 coupe before he took it to the paint shop we would call it even. He said his nephew was asking 2500.00 but after looking at the cab closer my buddy said 1500.00 and now its here and i have it stripped down to the frame. Also got a tilt sterring wheel and a tack dash with a vacum gauge in it. I am in the clouds this week. I would say its worth what i have to do to the coupe, What do you guys think. If i can figure how to down load pictures i will put some on. I am a vehicle restorer not a computer wiz.

If any body needs ac cab with all the ac there and front clip i have one. The rockers need replaced. The floors are good and so is all the glass.The fenders and hood are straight but with surfuce rust.

Larry
Mr Chevrolet
My Build, The Marathon Truck
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=604414
Mr Chevorlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:51 PM   #2
70rs/ss

Re: picked up a 72 4 wheel drive frame

Heck of a deal, I think in this economy we all need to strive to get back to the bartering method moreso than the cash method!! I love to trade, as the saying goes, one man's trash is another treasure. Sounds like a screaming deal as a new trans is about $800, transfer work $2-400, blast and paint a frame another couple hundred and a tilt and tach vac dash!! Heck ya, especially if you don't mind doing the metal work?!
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:38 PM   #3
JimmyFloyd

Re: picked up a 72 4 wheel drive frame

sounds like a good deal to me. If I was closer I'd gladly pickup the cab for the AC components alone (my blazer didn't come with it)