The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-23-2009, 10:06 PM   #1
Field and Son

Where to begin new build

I am reletively new to trucks and have a couple I want to work on. I want to start on a 1970 C-10 Chevy. I want to paint and rebuild the complete drivetrain with original 6cyl engine and 3 speed tranny. I want to add airbags but not do any frame or body mods. Maybe power steering and or power disk brakes. I want to do something different with the engine maybe tri carbs or something. Having never done anything like this I am not sure the best place to start and I prefer to work and drive as much as possible. I have no intention of body or paint work, but just mechanics. Any ideas??
Field and Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:25 PM   #2
69halfton

Re: Where to begin new build

I started with my engine and driveline. I find that is the best place to start over the suspension components because it will immediatly make you truck that much more reliable. it will get you on the road quicker, and you can start enjoying your truck. obviously go through and check out the brakes and tie rods and what not before driving also

If you can turn, Youre not going fast enough.

Favorite caption:

first car to 200 mph in the 1/4 mile, no parachute, drum brakes all the way around..
..back when men were men.
69halfton is offline   Reply With Quote