The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-28-2009, 02:47 AM   #1
sams60gmc

electric fuel pump.

So a few weeks ago I picked up a Blazer tank to put under the bed of my pickup. The tank was out of a fuel injected Blazer so it has an electric fuel pump. I want to run it as is because I want to have an electric fuel pump after I get a big block in my truck. So what do I need to do to hook it up? Is there any way I can run it to my stock fuel gauge? And I'll have to put a toggle in my truck to turn it on right? Or is there any way I can wire it in to the ignition. Thanks for the help guys. I'm really lost on this one!

1960 GMC short fleet, full frame build...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=329718
sams60gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:10 PM   #2
BMSJaX

Re: electric fuel pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sams60gmc View Post
So a few weeks ago I picked up a Blazer tank to put under the bed of my pickup. The tank was out of a fuel injected Blazer so it has an electric fuel pump. I want to run it as is because I want to have an electric fuel pump after I get a big block in my truck. So what do I need to do to hook it up? Is there any way I can run it to my stock fuel gauge? And I'll have to put a toggle in my truck to turn it on right? Or is there any way I can wire it in to the ignition. Thanks for the help guys. I'm really lost on this one!
I do not think you can use your stock gauge. Stock uses a 0 ohm-30 ohm sender and I believe the blazers is a 0 ohm-90 ohm sender(when stock gauge reads full you'd only have about 1/4 tank full). As for the electric pump you should be able to wire it up to you ign or better a switch, install a pressure regulator(7-12 psi) and a fuel return line and you should be good to go.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:33 PM   #3
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: electric fuel pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMSJaX View Post
I do not think you can use your stock gauge. Stock uses a 0 ohm-30 ohm sender and I believe the blazers is a 0 ohm-90 ohm sender(when stock gauge reads full you'd only have about 1/4 tank full). As for the electric pump you should be able to wire it up to you ign or better a switch, install a pressure regulator(7-12 psi) and a fuel return line and you should be good to go.

The Blazer sending unit may be able to be modified to work. Try sending a PM to Vin63 here on the board. He know his stuff with sending units....he was rebuilding them for a while

It would probably be best to wire the pump to a key on source thru a relay as the factory did. And a fuel pressure regulator with a return line is a must.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote