The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2009, 11:22 PM   #1
setelec 73

New And Bring my 73

Hello all. I am new to the site, and I bring my 1973 Chevy 3/4 Ton Camper Special. This truck was bought new by my grandfather in 1972 in California. It has a 454 and a 400 trans with cooler.
The motor is a GM factory rebuild that was installed in 1991. It has 9500 miles. A stroke prevented them from traveling any longer so the truck sat... As he is getting very old and no longer drives. I have decided to no longer procrastinate on my idea of getting it back on the road...
It will be my Daily driver and hopefully get a cabover camper at some point for the wife and I.
In 4 weeks that I have had it I have given it a FULL tune up, replaced dist. to HEI, removed smog pump, and had the carb rebuilt.
Tomorrow it is of to the trans shop for complete rebuild and case swap (Orig. has crack)... I am going to do more as time and money allows and will be a great project for me.
Any input from the members on ideas would be great. Keep in mind that the truck was taken care of well with all receipts, but has been sitting for 12 years. i will post pics tommorrow of my progress.. Thanks
setelec 73 is offline   Reply With Quote