The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-02-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
LayFrame72

Tubular Upper arms

This is a little off-topic..And I apologize in advance..Im looking to see if anyone knows where I can get a set of Tubular upper control arms for a 92 Toyota. I had purchased Lowers from Cando a year or two ago, And of course the stock uppers will not work with those arms. Could mod them, and save the money..But im just looking to see if anyone knows where I can get a pair of them before I do that..For less than $390 from CanDo and Twisted Minis. Thanks.
LayFrame72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:32 PM   #2
LayFrame72

Re: Tubular Upper arms

Anyone?
Old 06-03-2009, 05:24 PM   #3
Twisted Minis

Steve and I are the only reputable shops (as far as I am concerned) that actually make Toyota arms.

There are a few other companies, but I feel their quality control is a bit low.

The arms I make for them are a sheetmetal style, or I build the rod end style tube arms. Steve makes the cross shaft style tube arms that bolt on the same way my sheetmetal arms do. I chose to make mine different because I am a fan of sheetmetal arms, and because I didn't want mine to look the same as Steve's arms.

I sell mine for $450 shipped, either style. Steve's are a little cheaper it sounds like from your post. I am not up to date on his pricing.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:11 PM   #4
LayFrame72

Thanks for the obvious answer Shane. Cant resist the fact alot of people on this board have other projects going on than the old Chevy. An alternative fourm made for this specific reason would be great. SUSPENSION-ALTERNATIVE PROJECTS. Im on SSM,S10forum,Here and Minitruckin and I hate it how much I have to jump around.

Twisted..It shows on the site you sell them for $390 also. Didnt know they went up that much..And yes, thats a quote I got from Steve less than a week ago. How long is your wait?
Old 06-03-2009, 10:02 PM   #5
Twisted Minis

$390 is for the rod end upper arm with steel rod ends. I need to change that, because I can't readily get the steel rod ends now, and I am only offering Chromoly rod ends, which bumped up the price. In order to install those arms, the UCA mount needs to be cut off, and you need to weld tabs to the top of the frame rail.

Wait time depends on which control arm style you want. But about a week or two right now depending on which style. I have everything on hand to do the sheetmetal style arms, but need to order rod ends for that style.