The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-05-2009, 05:09 PM   #1
Gene

FGB52 help

Hey guys, i've had my kit for a few weeks now and really havent dug into it until yesterday. Couple of questions for you, did any of you receive any instructions with your kits? Because I did not, and I have searched this site and have been unable to come up with step by step instructions for the installation. I need to know where the rear bracket holes are to be drilled, do you use the bottom front rivet on the cab support bracket as a reference point and then use the template for the holes? How to get the hole for the brace through the frame, did you use a holesaw and if so was it a 2 inch or larger? If anyone can help me with a link to a thread that has what i'm looking for please let me know.

Thanks!
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:47 PM   #2
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: FGB52 help

I don't know of anything here to help you out. I hate to steer you away from here but you might try over on ck5. There's bound to be what you're looking for there in either the 'Garage' the tech formu, or one of the year/model specific forums. The members there are big on the diy4x parts, plus Kert is on there quite a bit.

http://www.coloradok5.com
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:00 PM   #3
Gene

Well, now that I thought about it, I already have the front brackets bolted on in the place of the front cab supports. So all I have to do is install the rear bracket, and if i'm correct from all the digging I have done, I use the bottom rivet hole as a guide as to where to put the rear shackle support. I'm guessing after that I use the template DIY sent, so all i'm worried about is that the axles are centered and the front bracket is what locates that right?
Also, i'm trying to decide the best way to cut the hole, is a holesaw the best route, and do I go with a 2 inch or larger?

Last edited by Gene; 06-06-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:51 PM   #4
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I haven't done the install you're doing, but I assume you're talking about the shackle mount for the front springs? Then yes the front bracket will locate the spring from front to rear, although doesn't that bracket have more than one hole so that adjustments can be made?

As for cutting the hole for the rear shackle mount, a hole saw will work as long as the center drill will be on the metal. Size wise I would either use what DIY recommends, the same as factory , or what size will give you just a little clearance for the DOM tube.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote