The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-08-2009, 10:05 AM   #1
oldno7

blasting the cab

Hey guy's. So I'll give you a brief run down of my truck. I picked it up in southern OK. 4 year's back. for 500.00 No motor tranny or front clip, and had been sitting in a field for 15 years. So I drug it home to ILL. This is gold here in ILL. 85% rust free. I have been collecting goodies for awhile now. OK so it's disassembled, the cab is stipped and ready for some attention. I talked to a local body shop and he said they would blast it for me for 200.00 bucks. I think that's ok. He said they use aluminum oxide. From what I know this is an ok way to blast. Not the best but better than some ways. We don't have many options in Spfld. From what I've heard alum- has a rough texture but removes the surface faster so it's not on the metal for a long time. Which should reduce warpage. I'm not good with the computer, but I'll try to put picture's up later. I'll take any advice on this issue. oldno7
Old 06-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #2
UltraBlue71

Re: blasting the cab

Sandblasting is the way to go, $200.00 is about right, depending on where you are, heck it took me 6-8 hours to do mine and about 500lbs of sand, granted I have more time than money but i would have paid someone 2 beans to do it for me had I been able to.

71 LWB
UltraBlue71 is offline   Reply With Quote