The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-25-2009, 01:47 AM   #1
Loptics

Members favorite parts source?

Fellas,

It's time to take the plunge to get my '72 Cheyenne Super up to speed. The drivetrain is "done", and now it's time for paint, body, and interior. I've known about LMC truck, Classic Chevy Parts, and just stumbled on Manes, who seem like a nice no-BS bunch. Where do you turn for your parts? Sheetmetal, trim, seals, seats (I need a whole new seat in mine, as the one in there is not original..) you name it. What vendors have worked for you, with qulaity parts that worked and fit correctly? I'm open to supporting vendors, or anyone else you've had success with. Is there an insiders "go to" source?

Thanks!

Scott
Loptics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:58 AM   #2
sjarrett71

Re: Members favorite parts source?

I've ordered from LMC, Brothers, and Manes and had a great experience with all three. For what I needed Manes was actually cheaper so I asked the in-laws for a gift card for Christmas. My total order came to slightly over the gift card balance and they said "don't worry about it". Great bunch of people.

Plus you can check out the "Reviews" board for further insight.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:39 AM   #3
sick69

GMCPaul's is a great sourse aswell. Excellent customer service, great prices.....

Frank
sick69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:26 AM   #4
70GMCer

GMCPauls http://gmcpauls.com/, The Truck & Car Shop of California http://www.truckandcarshop.com/truck...t60_cover.html, Athey's http://www.s-c-t-p.com/index.html, MotherTruckers http://www.mothertruckers.net/ were my main ones.

1965 Mustang
70GMCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:57 AM   #5
big_al_71

I used LMC, Brothers Trucks, Early Classics & CLassic Perform had great luck with all three....

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:47 AM   #6
El Jay
Gone to greener pastures

I've gotten things from Wes at Classic Heartbeat and have never had a problem.
Although I've never personally dealt with them, there's H & H Classic Parts down in Bentonville, AR. I have an aunt & uncle that used to live inn Bentonville. When I asked my uncle if he knew anything about H & H, he told me something like, "I've know Herm Smith for years. They're good honest folks there." Then he proceed to tell me where there business is located.
If my Uncle Hap tells me they're good folks, then they're good folks

For sheet metal, I go 15-20 miles to a Camaro/Firebird resto place.
Okay, bear with me, there's method to my madness. You can't be in a hurry on this.
By waiting for them to place a regular "stocking" order (which is usually every 2-3 weeks) I can go to their shop and pick up my parts.
After I replaced both front fenders on my '69, I realized I needed the inner fenders and a core support.
By picking up the parts, I didn't pay a penny for shipping. I probably saved about $250-$300 on shipping charges (2 orders)

If there is such a place in your area, you may want to check them out.

"Ah women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." Friedrich Nietzsche

"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day." Harry S. Truman

GUN CONTROL: Never having to say, "I missed you."

Always fire two warning shots into your attacker's chest area before putting a bullet between his eyes. Paraphrased from Louis Awerbuck
El Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:51 AM   #7
MisterE72
Keep Your Nose Clean

I usually get my stuff at Early Classic Enterprises. Great service, advice, and quality. Here is their link: http://www.earlyclassic.com/ Good luck with your build and post it for us to enjoy.
MisterE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:52 AM   #8
14U2NV

Kenny's Trucks in Mounds Oklahoma. He carries a full line of repop parts and he can get most everything used.

Chad
14U2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:53 AM   #9
gcburdic
Restoration Virgin!

Loptics,

Another resource is the members on this board over in the Parts for Sale sections....they can be of assistance as well.....
It'll cost you $25 to subscribe, then you can place a WTB (want to buy) ad....PLUS it supports this board and the Administrators continue to keep this GREAT board...well GREAT!!!

I've had great dealings with board vendors Wes at 'Classic Heartbeat', and Tim Christian with 'Christian's Classics', I've also had good dealings with LMC, CPP, and The Truck and Car Shop out of Orange, CA....

1972 Custom Deluxe C20 Suburban A Suburban Named Isabella

1966 Ford Mustang Mama's High School Graduation Present
gcburdic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:05 PM   #10
Lugnut64052
Middle-aged Curmudgeon

One vote for Manes. His place is just outside Kansas City and I've been out there several times. He has a big selection of used and new stuff and is quite knowledgeable. Heck of a nice guy too.

One vote for GMCPauls. They sent me the wrong part once and told me to just keep it while they hot-shotted me the right one. Great service.

One-half vote for LMC. The only reason I stop by there is because it's literally five minutes from my workplace. I just don't get the same "we want your business" vibes from them.

Check out the site's Truck Tech FAQ.
Be a site supporter.
My more-or-less pathetic build thread.

Board members I've met:
------------------------------
Longhorn Man
Dieselwrencher
jholley
big mike71
Lugnut64052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:05 PM   #11
Beatcoaster
69 Fleetside

GMC Pauls - Great to deal with, knowledgable, and has good products
LMC - Products are hit and miss, good(not great) service and seem knowledgable
Brothers - Avoid at all costs. Horrible service on multiple occasions with multiple orders ($1000+), was hung up on by some chick cause I made her get out of her seat to go get the part and describe it to me, she eventually sent the wrong part again - 3 times over... they don't know the products they sell. Garrett seems to be the only person there with 1/2 a brain and a soul - kudos to him.
CPP - Great products/service, I will be spending a lot more with them in the near future

Last edited by Beatcoaster; 06-25-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Beatcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:38 PM   #12
tcb-1
Nothing to see here.....

Classic Parts.

that's because they're local and they support our board

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson
tcb-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:49 PM   #13
basemodel67
Factory Strippers Rule!

What about YearOne? How is thier pricing for truck parts? I used to get parts for my Oldsmobile thru them and they seemed good.
basemodel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:02 PM   #14
mikajo39
Gearhead and audio junkie

I've used yearone, heck got my engine from them they're a nice group some of their stuff can be kind of expensive in my mind. Mane's truck parts used them very nice people to do buisness with, and i've used LMC as well.
mikajo39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:24 PM   #15
mclairmo

Truck and Car Shop in Orange, CA seems to have great prices. I purchased all my front suspension pieces from them for cheap. They also usually have a 10% off sale near the end of the year.
mclairmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:32 PM   #16
C20-67_N_MO
Champagne Taste on Beer Budget

I second that on Truck and Car Shop!

They have better prices than LMC and have a very good selection as well.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:43 PM   #17
Ackattack

ECE is my first choice
Classic Heartbeat is great also, and local for me. That's where I got most of the sheet metal for my repairs.
I've gotten stuff from LMC. Generally I try to avoid ordering stuff from them, but the way their catalog is laid out they're the easiest place to find some of the little stuff.
CPP: Some people have claimed bad customer service. I've ordered some parts from them and haven't had any problems

Oh, I also pretty much order all of the generic automotive stuff from Summit or my local Napa.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:45 PM   #18
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

Classic Parts are great, as is Wes at Classic Heartbeat.

An American living in a British body.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne 10 454

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

http://www.youtube.com/Eightbanger
eightbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:33 PM   #19
dfwright

marking for later finding...

Deconstruction began 5/2009, mostly completed restoration, 5/2017
dfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:59 PM   #20
vectorit
What?

I go to these guys all the time since they are driving distance from me, and I don't get the stink eye from them when I say I have a Suburban! Plus it's rare that I get told that they don't have anything in stock.
http://www.truckandcarshop.com/

For mail order I have had good experiences with http://www.classicparts.com/index.htm They seem to have more of the obscure things I need, and have a pretty good selection of Suburban parts from the year I need.

And when I haven't gotten enough dissapointment in my life, I go to Brothers to make sure I get my fill. Although I have had pretty good in person experiences from them when I drive over, but as soon as I say Suburban I get talked to like I am someone that just fell off the turnip truck of restoration. That, and they never seem to have anything in stock. When I have ordered stuff from them it takes weeks to get it. Back when they started out, I spent a lot of money at their store. But something has changed with them since then...

I have learned that there just isn't one place to go for parts. I have a catalog from just about every single supplier, and I have to flip through each one to see if they have the part I need. Then I compare the price, since everyone sells a part for a different cost from the other shop.
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:05 PM   #21
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I use Tim Christian.He's always done me right and will ask questions to make sure you get the right part the first time.Simple stuff like the core support bushings are different on the 67-68 than the later trucks.Doesn't seem like a big deal but if you're just waiting on core support bushings to be able to drive your pride and joy.......I have talked and even dealt with a couple of BB vendors before I started using Christians but he's close and I can usually pick up stuff at a swap meet or show saving shipping.I would not hesitate to use any of the BB vendors.They build the trucks and most carry only the best quality part to be has since it may be the one they pull off the shelf for one they are working on.

Plus like GC Burdic said,they support my second home(this BB)
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"

Last edited by PanelDeland; 06-25-2009 at 05:07 PM.
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:48 PM   #22
Orange71shorty

Hey Scott
Rez engineering in Great Falls Mt is a great source. Don is a one man show and treats his customers with on a first name basis.Bought everything for my 71 cheyenne shorty from him. Check out Rezengineering.com
Scott
Orange71shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:05 PM   #23
nbrfd007

We are lucky that there is so many great venders for our rides. I would like to put a plug in for Kenny's Trucks, they are great to deal with.
Tim
nbrfd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:49 AM   #24
red71c10
The Red Menace

I try and get decent original stuff from my local wrecking yards. For new stuff, I have two vendors locally and one about an hour up the road that can get me just about anything. If I want to eliminate the middle man, I usually go with LMC, but I just got a catalog from Manes and will giving them a try.

"Driving is like coloring. Things get messy if you can't stay inside the lines."
red71c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:32 AM   #25
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

GMC Pauls has great, no questions asked customer service!!!
prostreetC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote