The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-01-2009, 05:27 PM   #1
GMC AMI

Wink How about this idea?

Hey it would be nice if when you post a for sale item if someone is serious that you could exchange phone numbers? I had a little trouble with my old computer lately and I thought a lot of problems could just be resolved the old fashion way via ma bell? Any comments would be great! Maybe this might help a wee bit.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:50 PM   #2
cleszkie

Re: How about this idea?

Nothing is better than talking to the person. But this would cause all kinds of issues with keeping the order when multiple people are interested in an item. The posts maintain a record, that everyone is privy to, of who said what and when. If everyone started having their own phone conversation with the seller, things could get mixed up, and the posts on the forum would have no real meaning anymore with regards to claiming an item. Just my $0.02
cleszkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:13 PM   #3
GMC AMI

Wink Re: How about this idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleszkie View Post
Nothing is better than talking to the person. But this would cause all kinds of issues with keeping the order when multiple people are interested in an item. The posts maintain a record, that everyone is privy to, of who said what and when. If everyone started having their own phone conversation with the seller, things could get mixed up, and the posts on the forum would have no real meaning anymore with regards to claiming an item. Just my $0.02
OK thanks for that. I have sold many parts here, maybe over 100 for sure and
never had one complaint. Order is maintained by the thread starter. Phone # would help all keep in check in case of trouble you can not see. Thanks for your two cents !