The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 08:31 AM   #1
Gray Ghost

Selling the '70....

I am putting up the '70 for sale. Time for me working on my truck is quickly disappearing as my company grows and I am thinking about getting a newer truck for work. If you can follow the ramblings below, you can see what I have done to the truck since I got it.

My 70 is a LWB C10 CST. It's been in Texas all it's life and has zero rust. The tailgate is the only body panel that isn't factory. It will need replacing since it's not only dinged but bent. The paint is rattle can best I can tell. My next trick was going to be bodywork and paint, then AC and interior.

I started out by replacing the rear coils with 3/4 ton springs and helpers. All four brakes have been redone [power drums] including turning the drums. The wheels are Cragar Soft 8 15x8 on all four corners with 31x10.50's. All four shocks are new. The rear axle is a 3.08 non-posi.

I had the driveshaft and transmission [th-350...both are original to the truck] rebuilt including all new U-joints and carrier bearing. I also had a shift kit put in. I added a tranny coller in line with the rad for better cooling while towing.[

The original 350 was rebuilt .030 over with a mild cam [Summit 1102] and a double roller timing chain. The 993 heads that were on the rebuild did not last so I replaced them with rebuilt 882's last month. Ram horns, 2.25" pipes and Thrush turbos round out the exhaust. The dizzy is a new Accel Billet, the carb is a 1405 [3 years old] sitting on an Edelbrock Performer EPS manifold.

The bottom end has 20k on it, the trans 10k and the heads maybe 1500 miles. The motor is a strong one that pulls hard from idle. I would not be afraid to drive this truck anywhere!

The interior has been changed. I have Monte Carlo bucket seats [that need recovering] and shag carpet over foil insulation on the floor. The heater core is a goner as is the heater box, but I still have both on the truck. The dash has been cut and has an AM/FM/CD and two speakers in the homemade console. Two of the guages are dead....the charge/discharge guage [brain froze...can't think of the real name of that guage] and the temp guage. I have an external tach and temp guage installed. The dash pad is new as is the glove box insert.

ALL of the lites work on this truck....even the dang cig lighter works! I put a new glove box in as well as the dual cupholder in place of the ashtray. The doors were cut at some point for 6x9 speakers [no longer on truck]. I replaced both windows but the tracks need new rollers [which I have].

I installed a front sway bar, new ball joints, new tie rods & a new center link. The marker lights have been changed to 1977 Trans Ams and they all work as well.

The Grant GT wheel is a custom deal with a one-off center cap to replace the horn. The horn has it's own underdash button and works great [dual horns]. Power steering is intact and works perfectly. The alternator is a 1989 Silverado Alt with 93 amps and has been converted to a one wire. The guage cluster was pulled and new lites installed as well as the backing plate painted blue and the needles red.

I moved the gas tank to the rear and it fills in the wheelwell behind the passenger. I put a cab patch on the hole [I even have another one]. I also installed a receiver hitch with it's own brake lite insert and a third brake lite.

I'm asking $5950 OBRO. I know the market is tough on these old trucks right now but this one only needs a bit more work to get finished...all the really hard stuff has been done for you!

I put in a few pics of the truck....the webpage with all the pics will be here after 3pm today.
Attached Images

Last edited by Gray Ghost; 07-08-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:37 AM   #2
Gray Ghost

Re: Selling the '70....DFW

more pics....the mirrors on the truck have changed to the 67 camper style...pics later tonite
Attached Images

Old 07-08-2009, 08:39 PM   #3
Gray Ghost

Re: Selling the '70....DFW

Now on ebay and CL

Last edited by Gray Ghost; 07-08-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:32 PM   #4
powerdriver 1958
Kid's Mechanic

Re: Selling the '70....

This should be posted in Trucks For sale,here is a link http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/c...ndex.php?cat=8
Old 07-08-2009, 09:56 PM   #5
Gray Ghost

Re: Selling the '70....

OK...got it on there...sorry, never listed a running truck here before.
Closed Thread