The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-20-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
ll____b0t____ll

Wink Returning to the scene of the crime.

As some of you may recal project Morgan died on me and my wife while out for Valentines day , well over this last weekend I got her up and running .

New intake manifold, new H.E.I, new holley carb, new starter, new fuel pump, new alt, basacly new from heads up.

I been tinkering and tuning for a while on it and today my wife ask's me..when are you taking me for a ride in Morgan?

So loaded up with cell phone and a assortment of tools off we went and heres where it gets silly.

Im not a superstitios person at all but while out driving we ended up stopping to pick up a couple food items at Walmart and low and behold.....parked in the exact same space.

My wife looks over at me and gives me that look... maybe you know it its the one that means if somthing,anything goes wrong shell kill me and recycle the truck with popcans.
I assured her it wasnt a worry but have to admit to you all that there was a small part of me that was thinking... oooooooof!

We came out got back in Morgan and ........varooom all 8 firing in a symphony of redemption.
When we got home i laughed and told my wife I guess Morgan wanted to try to get your trust back by going back to erase that spot..

I think Im turning a page now and from this view Im filled with hope...and well Morgans filled with pride Im sure.
Thanks for reading.
ll____b0t____ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:09 PM   #2
LOW DOUGH
I'M TRUCK CRAZY!

Re: Returning to the scene of the crime.

That's funny
LOW DOUGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:01 PM   #3
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

Hmmm.......I thought the story was going to end something like "and them my wife and I climbed into the back and......." lol
prostreetC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:18 PM   #4
ll____b0t____ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
Hmmm.......I thought the story was going to end something like "and them my wife and I climbed into the back and......." lol
lmao Im sure some people might pay to see that but Im betting most would pay not to see that. lol

I can see it now... Attention walmart shoppers would the owner of that primer chevy truck please pull his pants up.
ll____b0t____ll is offline   Reply With Quote