The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2009, 07:54 PM   #1
c10Mang

Help!! Need advice.

Hey Guys,

I have been waiting on posting this for months. But the time has come. Here we go.

I got my ride about 2 years ago. It was straight no rust two owners, ran great. I drove it everyday for a year. Saved up some cash, I wanted to bag it and do some lil body work and maybe paint it.

When I picked up the truck, the guy I bought it from had a restored 1962 belair that look show. So I called him asked him where he got the work done. He gave me this guys number and said that he bags rides too, and cheap. So I called him. He was really cool and gave me some workable payments to bag my ride. He said that it was going to take 2 weeks. By the way this is my only car, and daily driver. So I made sure to tell him that I needed back soon. He was like for sure you will have it back..

So he called me about 2 weeks later and said that he had a 72 truck that was for sale super cheap, and he would change out my 6 for 5 lug. I thought why not? So about a month and half later I go out to his shop which is about 40 min's from where I live. The truck had been taken apart and the step notch was half done, very lil progress. He said that we was going to have all it completed for mooneyes show which was about 2 weeks away, and be bet me 500 bucks that it would be done. Mooneyes comes and goes, my truck really has not been touched. So three months go by and he gets the front end with power-steering and breaks done. And we where talking on a day to day basis, he was telling me how much he was going to hook up my ride. So another 2 months go by, and he calls me to tell me one of my heads where going bad. And I should get a new pair. So I did and a new motor.. He hooked me up with a old tranny that he had. That was cool. So we are month 9, I starting to get kinda bummed on this whole thing. I just ask him to tell me what was going on. He said that it would be done in two weeks. Anther month and half goes by. I call him, is phone is turned off for 8 days. I start to panic and think that he is selling off my stuff. I have bought almost every part new for my ride, and it is just setting in his shop. He calls me and tell me how sorry he is and that he was going to make up for it and make my truck show, and all the drama that he has going on. He gives me a new number and tells me that he has to get the truck done before the 1st of the this month. So I call him on Thursday for some progress and it goes to voicemail and his mailbox is full, it has been like that for 4 days.

I really don't know what to do. I can't go out there and pick it up cause it prob is in pieces still. I can't take it to someone else cause I have dumped every penny I have in it. I have been riding a vespa for the past nine months. I am so Fing pissed, and don't know what to to. And another thing, I never know when he is going to be there so I can't go out there all the time. And when I do, I have to go with a friend or borrow a car. I am leaving out sooo much B.S I have been through. I just need some ideas.

Thanks guys!! and help would be appreciated. :
c10Mang is offline   Reply With Quote