The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-10-2009, 10:50 PM   #1
bigdon-70blazer

Another question, this time floor mats

Bee thinking about the floor mats. My blazer came with the wall to wall black mat but they were badly worn and falling apart. I got new ones that are not exact replicas becuase nobody seems to have them, the ones I have are wall to wall and fairly plain looking, point is not carpet. When IO removed my old mats, I realized how often water got trapped under it and it caused some of the rust problems I had but my rust probs were really minor compared to others I have seen. My question is this, I have seen several with the fatmat stuff installed and wondered if that would be the way to go. Will it trap water? I do not want to drive in the rain but it happens from time to time you get caught out, top off, you know the drill. The mat I got has any old style jute or fiber type padding also that looks to me to be huge moisture trap. What do you guys think?
bigdon-70blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:55 PM   #2
bigdon-70blazer

Re: Another question, this time floor mats

Nobody has any opinion?
bigdon-70blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:44 PM   #3
truckster

Re: Another question, this time floor mats

OK, since you said what do you think and not what do you know, I'll offer an opinion.

I bought some Herculiner to line my floor with, although I haven't gotten around to doing it yet. I think it will help keep moisture off the metal, but there still aren't good drain holes. I think I'm going to have to come up with a couple of drain holes so water doesn't get trapped.

I think that once you've prevented the moisture from getting to your sheet metal, you could put a mat or a carpet on it and not have to worry too much about an occasional downpour.

Just my two cents' worth.
truckster is offline   Reply With Quote