The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Site Feedback and Announcements

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-25-2009, 08:11 PM   #1
wancosc356
I Like Mine With No Shine!

Thumbs up Forum Suggestion

What's with all the ads for one item from one person. But multiple listings. Why not group a few things in one add, instead of an ad for every single thing?

Or better yet, why don't we all have just have one ad with everything we have for sale...and add stuff for sale as we want or need to.

Either choice might keep the forum less cluttered.

MODS: Please feel free to move this to the correct location. Not sure where it should be. Thanks

1967 Chevrolet C10 Short Fleet (Literal Ground Up....One Day)
2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 4x4
1969 Lincoln Continental Coupe Project FOR SALE
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/c...ct=4578&cat=17
1981 Honda CM400 C Bobber SOLD
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=384152

Last edited by wancosc356; 08-25-2009 at 08:16 PM.
wancosc356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:29 PM   #2
71swb4x4

Re: Forum Suggestion

I like it the way it is. The seller can choose how they do it.

Personally, I think that when a seller chooses to do one thing per thread, I think that keeps it less cluttered. Look at is this way. Seller A has three things to sell. Seller A starts three different threads, and in the thread title has the item for sale in it. Item #2 and #3 sell right away, so those threads drift down the page and out of sight. Item #1 is still for sale so the seller can give it a ttt to get it back to the top, and in this case the title of the thread has that one item, which keeps the for sale forum nice and clean.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:34 PM   #3
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71swb4x4 View Post
I like it the way it is. The seller can choose how they do it.

Personally, I think that when a seller chooses to do one thing per thread, I think that keeps it less cluttered. Look at is this way. Seller A has three things to sell. Seller A starts three different threads, and in the thread title has the item for sale in it. Item #2 and #3 sell right away, so those threads drift down the page and out of sight. Item #1 is still for sale so the seller can give it a ttt to get it back to the top, and in this case the title of the thread has that one item, which keeps the for sale forum nice and clean.
But the problem with that is, when one a seller who has 10 items bumps all of them to the top at the same time......

I think we should go to a rule of only being able to bump your ads every 3 days. Obviously if someone has a legit question, answering them would not break the 3 day rule. JMHO
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:35 PM   #4
wancosc356

71swb4x4:
I think your concept could potentially be good, except that there are so many of us selling parts on here that with one item per posting, you will have guys putting their stuff TTT no stop to stay on the first page.

I agree Hart_Rod!

Anyways, just sharing my opinion.

Last edited by wancosc356; 08-25-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:38 PM   #5
71swb4x4

I am not saying everyone should just post one item per ad. I am pointing out the good thing to having people do that. You already pointed out the good part to having them post multiple items per ad. I think both ways are good, for different reasons. That's way I said I like it the way it is.
Randy (teeitup) will post a whole truck in one ad and part the whole thing out right there. I have no problem with that.
I also think it's cool when someone lists their things seperately.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:42 PM   #6
71swb4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
But the problem with that is, when one a seller who has 10 items bumps all of them to the top at the same time......
Why is that a problem? I am not saying you are dumb, just asking you to fill me in. I don't see it as a problem, but I am probably not looking at it the same way you are.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:51 PM   #7
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71swb4x4 View Post
Why is that a problem? I am not saying you are dumb, just asking you to fill me in. I don't see it as a problem, but I am probably not looking at it the same way you are.
There's only so much room on the front page and most people don't go beyond that. If you got 2 people bumping that many items every day, no one else can get any "face time".
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #8
Jim_PA

I only sold 1 thing on a truck I was parting out, until I broke things up and put them in individual threads. I think people get lost in all the "parting out x, y, z" threads, and forget which they've looked at. Either that, or it's just a coincidence...

The item for sale in the title seems to be better for buyers and sellers, but yeah, it can get bad if you are selling 25 things at one time.
Jim_PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:55 PM   #9
teeitup
Just like to part out trucks!!

Its a tough call either way, My threads do get cluttered up, atleast we can edit again, we couldn't for awhile, I see guys sell stuff for more money than I ask just because they put them in a separate add. I could do that too, but I don't want to take up the 1st 2 pages listing all the stuff I have in individual threads. Good luck to everyone however you do it. Randy
1958 Cameo (one of 1405 built, it was my dads)
2020 chevy Apex 4x4 crew cab
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS
1976 K20, sold new originally out of my dads chevy dealership

Members that I've met, over 200 probably closer to 300 in the 12 years I've been on this site, everyone I met "It was a pleasure"
teeitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:31 PM   #10
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_PA View Post
I only sold 1 thing on a truck I was parting out, until I broke things up and put them in individual threads. I think people get lost in all the "parting out x, y, z" threads, and forget which they've looked at. Either that, or it's just a coincidence...

The item for sale in the title seems to be better for buyers and sellers, but yeah, it can get bad if you are selling 25 things at one time.
Each seems to work better in different situations. I am going to try to list my items in the first post, as we all do, and then keep updating it as a "master list". This should show, right on the first page, what is sold & left.
That sounds too easy...I must have forgotten something...LOL
PICKMUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:45 PM   #11
dan42

I don't know if anything but the seller's common sense is gonna work - as a seller, you are gonna try to do it the easiest way you can, which is listing multiple items in one thread with as descriptive title as possible. To me, it would be hard to keep track of a bunch of different threads when I could check just one. You guys are coming up with some good points, though. I will pass your thoughts along to the higher ups.
dan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:22 AM   #12
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

while I can see the issue with dominating the first page with a bunch ot threads from one member... personally, i find it very annoying to have to go through 4 pages of responses just to find out if one of the 30 things listed is still for sale. To add to the annoying factor, is the lazy guy who clicks, reads the initial post, then just skips it all and says "is the tach still up for grabs?" when it was sold in the first response and has 75 ppl saying "put me in line for the tach"
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:36 AM   #13
Rack Man

Ahh...its just a busy place and thats a good thing!....Thinking though that maybe sub-categories might not be a bad idea...Like:
  • Interior Parts
  • Exterior Parts
  • Chassis
  • Engine Related
  • Everything Else

Last edited by Rack Man; 08-26-2009 at 12:36 AM.
Rack Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:43 AM   #14
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

we did sub categories at one time in the classified section. site members freaked out and sellers said NO CHANGE IT BACK NOW.

I understand the frustrations mentioned.. but what it comes down to is the sellers pay for a service. They should be able to use that service how they wish, within the rules. If you put an ad in the newspaper, you can put as many as you wish to pay for. Same idea really.

Keep tossing the ideas around. This really is a good thread.

Only thing is.. it is not a for sale thread. Its a suggestion or feedback. Thread being moved to feedback section.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:33 PM   #15
wancosc356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
while I can see the issue with dominating the first page with a bunch ot threads from one member... personally, i find it very annoying to have to go through 4 pages of responses just to find out if one of the 30 things listed is still for sale. To add to the annoying factor, is the lazy guy who clicks, reads the initial post, then just skips it all and says "is the tach still up for grabs?" when it was sold in the first response and has 75 ppl saying "put me in line for the tach"
You could post a list of the things for sale on the first posting in your thread and update it as things are sold or added...that will keep people from asking to be put in line or asking if it is for sale still....and also help you to not have to read through 4 pages of stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack Man View Post
Ahh...its just a busy place and thats a good thing!....Thinking though that maybe sub-categories might not be a bad idea...Like:
  • Interior Parts
  • Exterior Parts
  • Chassis
  • Engine Related
  • Everything Else
I like that idea too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
we did sub categories at one time in the classified section. site members freaked out and sellers said NO CHANGE IT BACK NOW.

I understand the frustrations mentioned.. but what it comes down to is the sellers pay for a service. They should be able to use that service how they wish, within the rules. If you put an ad in the newspaper, you can put as many as you wish to pay for. Same idea really.

Keep tossing the ideas around. This really is a good thread.

Only thing is.. it is not a for sale thread. Its a suggestion or feedback. Thread being moved to feedback section.
We all pay for the service, but we shouldn't have to compete with the guy with 15 postings with one item only each. Cause that will kick everyone elses stuff down.

Thanks for moving the thread. Wasnt sure where to put it.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:06 PM   #16
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

I agree with what you say, but in the same reasoning, they pay for the right to place ads as well.
I really do understand where you are coming from..
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote