The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-26-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
ChadGiles70

Bucket seat question and photo request

I have a 70 blazer but have bucket seats from a 76 K5. I am missing some bracket parts and I was wondering if any of you have some seats from this year that you can send some pics my way so I can see exactly what I need. Its the flip up passenger that I am needing. Also the bracket thats hooked to the floor as well. Please help!
ChadGiles70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:31 AM   #2
BigRed Beast

Re: Bucket seat question and photo request

I'm kinda in the same boat--a set of '79 Blazer buckets in the front with the passenger side clip-into-the-floor hook.

Had planned on templating the original bolt pattern for the original seats on some square tube steel, bolting the tube steel to the old bolt pattern, then bolting the "newer" seat brackets to the tube steel. Figured I could fab something for the passenger floor hook either as a separate bolt-on to the floor, or a piece spanning between the parallel tube steel.

My theory is to build above the floor pan so I don't have to recess the hook into the pan. I'm not at that stage yet, though...still getting exterior body parts installed, including a new rear floor. Until I get that all in and lined, the seat installation is just a theory.

Don't know if that helps.
BigRed Beast is offline   Reply With Quote