The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-30-2009, 05:39 AM   #1
72timemachine

spare tire originally mounted in the bed of my 72 Cheyenne Super?

I have the H shaped bracket on the driver's side in my long bed located just before the rear tire. Can someone tell me if this is in fact where the spare tire was originally located because when I bought the truck it had no spare tire but I did get a bracket at the bone yard which is factory yet is mounted under the bed at the rear.

Thanks for any help.
72timemachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:12 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: spare tire originally mounted in the bed of my 72 Cheyenne Super?

The bedside spare mount was an option.Did your truck have nothing under the bed for a spare?They could also be bought as an accessorie.Is the sPID (options list) on the glovebox door back still?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:53 PM   #3
72timemachine

Re: spare tire originally mounted in the bed of my 72 Cheyenne Super?

Thank you for reminding me about that decal on the glove box, while it is a bit beat up I was able to make out what appears to be:

S/M spare tire

I would like your opinion if you have time for an answer, my Cheyenne Super 10 also has these options listed: tinted glass, a/c, tachometer, tilt steering wheel, posi traction, all the wood grain trim inside and out including a vinyl headliner, 350 ci with a 4 barrel carb, th 350 trans, coil spring suspension with front and rear sway bars, s/m spare tire, storage/toolbox built into the passenger side of the bed just forward of the rear tire, step bumper, heavy duty battery, bed light,power disc brakes, and it is painted blue with a white stripe along the side. the bench seat is not a 60/40 with the console but has the fabric (is that the houndstooth?) where the driver and passenger sit and the vinyl trims out the rest

I bought it about a year ago in Los Angeles and since then I have installed a 700r4 trans because gas prices were approaching 5 bucks a gallon and the original th 350 was bleeding fluid from every place. So now I get better mileage and that tired 350 revs a bit lower.
72timemachine is offline   Reply With Quote