The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-14-2009, 09:43 AM   #1
T/C

New from texas

Whats up guys just checking in from Texas here... This weekend i got a 1970 GMC SWB and am now working on getting this thing cleaned up Has a few leaks that need to be fixed no rear bumper (Going to put a roll pan) a few dash pieces missing and the new seat to be mounted.. All little stuff not a big deal only problem with the truck was the bed... They did a really crappy job on it (Just used 11ga plate) And it rattled and everything so i tore that out the day i got it home .. Has a new 350 with a rebuilt turbo 350.... And all i paid for it was $3000 This guy had paid 5k for it a few weeks back but ran in to some money problems... Sucks but hey i got a nice truck out of it Lol Anyways been looking around here even before i had this truck and seems like a great site! here is a crappy picture when it stops raining i will get a few good shots!

T/C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:12 AM   #2
70cstjr

Re: New from texas

from ohio

Welcome to the board..u gotta nice looking GMC..sounds like a good price as well..Make sure you take full advantage of the board there are lots of people here who love to help..if you have any questions feel free to ask
Old 09-14-2009, 11:28 AM   #3
T/C

Well first question... I tore out the bed last night (Because of the crappy bed they had in it) The bid lines are off in the front I think its cause they cut the mounts for the bed off that were closest to the front (The ones that are not all the way across they just sit on top of the frame (If you know what i mean) Anyways i can add them in just fine but you think that would fix the body lines not matching up? And for another question I need to redo the bed as i said whats the best way to do it? I was thinking using alum. diamond plate ( I work at a steel yard and can get it for free) But i have no clue how to mount it and do the whole bed right i don't want it to be a crappy job but i dont have the money to do it super nice..
Old 09-14-2009, 11:46 AM   #4
70cstjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by T/C View Post
Well first question... I tore out the bed last night (Because of the crappy bed they had in it) The bid lines are off in the front I think its cause they cut the mounts for the bed off that were closest to the front (The ones that are not all the way across they just sit on top of the frame (If you know what i mean) Anyways i can add them in just fine but you think that would fix the body lines not matching up? And for another question I need to redo the bed as i said whats the best way to do it? I was thinking using alum. diamond plate ( I work at a steel yard and can get it for free) But i have no clue how to mount it and do the whole bed right i don't want it to be a crappy job but i dont have the money to do it super nice..
I personally cant answer that for you..and i dont want to lead u the wrong direction..if you post your question here in the 67-72 section im sure they will be more than happy to help you with that question http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3
Old 09-14-2009, 11:56 AM   #5
T/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cstjr View Post
I personally cant answer that for you..and i dont want to lead u the wrong direction..if you post your question here in the 67-72 section im sure they will be more than happy to help you with that question http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3
Alright cool thanks! And thanks everyone else for the welcome!
Old 09-14-2009, 02:00 PM   #6
jsbgump
Gone Fishing

Welcome to the board from a fellow Texan
Build Thread

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post3483616
jsbgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:09 PM   #7
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

to the board from Mid-MO!!!

You'll find this place to become your second home. There's tons of information, friends, parts, .... and so much more.

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:22 PM   #8
T/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72BlckButy View Post
to the board from Mid-MO!!!

You'll find this place to become your second home. There's tons of information, friends, parts, .... and so much more.
Cool Got some more work done today... and found more work to do... Finished my alum diamond plate door panels... took seat out took carpet and trim out cleaned up and got it put back in got seat brackets welded up for my late model chevy seats (Soft! Lol) got a few of the vents back in the dash... found a head unit to fill up the radio dash hole... The bad... I need a new gas tank the in cap one is leaking so going to put a tank in the bed and just build me a speaker box to fit where the tank was... I hate extra work part of the game though
Old 09-15-2009, 08:11 PM   #9
jholley

from Waco

Jim

Garage fillers...

85 Chevy C10 Silverado LWB
07 Nissan Altima
2006 Mini Cooper S
jholley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:59 AM   #10
T/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by jholley View Post
from Waco
Thanks!
Old 09-18-2009, 12:58 AM   #11
shaneschevys
Its always something!

Welcome from FT Worth! What about taking a long bed floor & cutting it down to fit your short bed.
67 GMC One Ton Flatbed
64 Short Fleetside
57 Chevy 2DR Hard Top
57 Chevy 2dr wagon
65 f*** short fleet
63 C 60 Flatbed

Member of the patina club
shaneschevys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:01 AM   #12
T/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneschevys View Post
Welcome from FT Worth! What about taking a long bed floor & cutting it down to fit your short bed.
Already have the plywood/alum. floor ready to put it... just waiting on the rain to go away wanting to paint the frame before it goes on... had time to primer it last night maybe today will be nice and let me paint it
Old 09-22-2009, 03:24 PM   #13
T/C

Well if anyone looks at this every again i thought i should share... after working on the truck i picked up a few weeks ago... I started working on it .. Got a majority of the truck apart that was needing work (Bed and the inside) got the bed apart sanded everything got it ready for paint cleaned everything up all nice then it started raining.. (I no longer have a shop to work in i moved out of my parents and only have a 1 car garage and its full of my motorcycles) Anyways it rained until last friday so while it was raining i figured i might as well keep prepping the frame for paint Lol so that Friday it stopped raining i took the 1 hr of spare time i had and started the primer got the first coat on... got home around 11 and my girl friend was nice and let me go work on it till about 1 so got all the primer done... had to get up at 7 for work the next morning got off at 1... got all the painting done... then had to work on the getting the deck ready for the hot tub she is getting for her birthday and then had to go pick out the ring she also is getting for her birthday... Lol got the stuff for the deck all set up to build then got back to work on the truck it was now around 7... Worked till about 9 on the inside got everything ready to put together... and got my dash all in, the vents in it, my radio installed in to the dash (Not wired dont have speakers yet) seat mounts welded on... (Waiting to bolt in until i figure out what i am going to do about my leaking tank...) and my door panels on... it was about 2 at night by the time i finished so i went to sleep... I had a car show i was trying to make with my uncle and cousin and was trying my hardest to get it done so woke up really early so i could go and finish up the deck.. and about noon started cleaning everything up for the show got her washed polish (As much as i could Lol) and got her done around 3:30 and needed to be there at 4... So jump in the truck start heading there and notice smoke behind me.... so i pull over to see what was going on and look at the back of my truck and the frame i just finished cleaning up so much and painting and there is transmission fluid everywhere... Lol it was my luck... I now have a bad rear seal in my truck so i drive the 5 more mins to get to the show and trans fluid is everywhere so i toss some news paper under it... anyways i got first in the 70's and 80's truck class and had a good story to go with it Lol and now have even more work to do... The people who had this truck before me really did a half ass job... there is not much work that you can see but i keep finding more and more **** that needs done right But hey i got a steal so i cant ask for the world Sorry for the ramble i just thought it was a good story and it will be one i never forget lol hope some of you agree
Old 09-22-2009, 11:21 PM   #14
Jerry Jones
Happy Camper

Welcome aboard from Northern California!

Last edited by Jerry Jones; 09-22-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Jerry Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:52 PM   #15
lvschevytrucks
Unfinished Project Club

and to the board from SC

Thats looking good, keep us updated on your build

again hope you enjoy your stay

Randy

Handle every Stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Pee on it and walk away.

1996 Dodge Intreped ES Nice car great on gas

1993 Jeep Cherokee.

Looking for a swb chevy 73-87
lvschevytrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:12 PM   #16
packrat42

Welcome from south GA. Is that SKANKY? Do you own her?

...............................____
.................________-|___\____
..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|
Old 09-24-2009, 10:21 PM   #17
T/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by packrat42 View Post
Welcome from south GA. Is that SKANKY? Do you own her?
Yes it is skanky how do you know the car? Lol And no i am not the owner but my grandpa is i help him with the car for the week i was in florida though! lol
Old 09-26-2009, 07:42 AM   #18
packrat42

Quote:
Originally Posted by T/C View Post
Yes it is skanky how do you know the car? Lol And no i am not the owner but my grandpa is i help him with the car for the week i was in florida though! lol
I seen the car at the Turkey Run last year. That car is just plan cool. love the seats.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:51 AM   #19
T/C

Quote:
I seen the car at the Turkey Run last year. That car is just plan cool. love the seats.
Go to "My 1970 GMC Build" Thread and i have some more pictures there and some of his and my family other cars
Old 09-26-2009, 09:52 AM   #20
T/C

Quote:
And yeah the seats are cool but the car is not tall friendly... I am 6'3 and it feels like i am driving a cobra when i am just sitting in the passenger seat on that thing..
Old 09-26-2009, 09:56 AM   #21
Muleman100

Welcome to the forum from Crosby, TX, cool rod.
Muleman100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:15 AM   #22
T/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muleman100 View Post
Welcome to the forum from Crosby, TX, cool rod.
ty
Old 09-26-2009, 01:16 PM   #23
packrat42

you have anymore pictures of that thing?

Old 09-26-2009, 01:34 PM   #24
T/C

Quote:
you have anymore pictures of that thing?
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=364234

Go here i posted a few of skanky and a few of my family other cars