The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-14-2003, 04:35 PM   #1
PHOENIX

Cheapest place to buy Headers

Im looking for the Edelbrock 6827 headers.

I want to buy them and ship them direct to get coated. I might have enough money if I can get the headers cheaper then $370.00 (Jegs).

Also the coating quote I got from Jet Hot Coatings was $279.00 for the set of headers. Anyone know a quality coating for less?
Jet Hot is a sterling silver/ceramic coating w/ life time warranty against rust of part. They also recoat once for free within the first 3 years, no matter what happen (thats what they told me, Ill get it in writing).

Thanks!
Old 01-14-2003, 08:52 PM   #2
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Good luck on finding them cheap. I paid $350.00 for mine back in November 1998. I see the prices haven't increased much. As far as the coating, I went with HPC

They are headquartered in seven places, and one of them happens to be in Chandler AZ. May save you some money on shipping.

It cost me $265.00 inside/out for everything, crossover pipe and all. I think shipping was 22 bucks.

1985 Chevy C-10
swervin ervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 08:58 PM   #3
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Oh, and I forgot to say. HPC will recoat if they ever fail. But they say if they get messed up because of overheating them, such as I stupidly did when I started up my engine with the timing retarded and they glowed on me, they won't cover the warranty.

Well, I sent mine to them to get redone after making the stupid, did I say stupid? Stupid mistake, fully intending to pay again. I have never received a bill. Pretty good I think.
Old 01-15-2003, 12:33 PM   #4
PHOENIX

Damn that $279 they gave me was for just the headers. It didnt include the Y pipe. I shot them an email to see if they will do mine for the same price.

Do you have any idea where I might be able to save a few bucks on the headers? I need to have my entire exhuast done by September. I know it sounds like a long time away, but I dont have alot of money to spend. So im buying peice by peice. Once I have it all, Im going to put it on.
Old 01-16-2003, 04:32 PM   #5
PHOENIX

I got an email back from HPC. They will only recoat for free within the first 3 years. ANYTHING (even rust or corrosion) after 3 years will be recoated at 50% the current cost. That doesnt sound very good to me. Mike is your warranty different then what they are telling me? Do you think they may have changed their warranty? So far Jet Hot Coating sounds like the better deal. Its a little more money, but its warranty against rust and corrosion is lifetime (at no cost to the customer). They will also recoat it once for free within the first 3 years for any reason. I think Ill go with Jet Hot Coating if they will put that stuff in writing for me. I will watch their video again when I get home and listen closely to their warranty as read on the video.

heres something else interesting I found.
HPC has a polished aluminum finish
Jet Hot has a sterling silver finish (sterling silver powder spray)

Im going to looking into Jet Hot again and then make a final decision.
Old 01-16-2003, 04:51 PM   #6
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Eddie,

I bought mine from Doug Herbert's, which is located in my city. I just called, and they want $389.00 for them. I guess either Summit or Jeg's will probably be your best bet.

1985 Chevy C-10
Old 01-26-2003, 04:48 PM   #7
MOUSE

i bought mine thru O'Rielys, from Hedman, w/coating was $279.99. Just be willing to wait. i got mine w/o coating and were only $129.99...good luck!
MOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 12:12 PM   #8
PHOENIX

Mouse:
You got the Hedman headers for $129 w/o coating or the Edelborck headers? Are the hedmans for the A.I.R. System (emissions)?

I think Ill buy the headers and ship them here. So I can inspect them. The drive to Tempe and get them coated then go back and pick them up. That should save me some money on shipping atleast. I almost bought them this weekend, but the damn SRP (Electric) bill came in and I had to pay that and a couple cell phone bills (me and mom). So maybe this Friday and can order them.