The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-19-2009, 12:19 AM   #1
classicchev

68 C20 project parting out

First off the reason Im selling these parts is I have bought a different truck, and here is a pic.

This will be way more usable then a regular cab pickup. so here is a list of the parts that are available . Will also sell it complete package if someone is interested.

Obviously, parts are in Alberta, so a better deal for someone up here, but I thought I would post it here also

3/4 ton frame, blasted and sprayed with Zero Rust, all new bolts bushings Etc Etc Etc. Ceramic coated Super comp headers into dual 2 1/2 into a single 3" Flowmaster and single 3" mandrel bent pipe. New 30 Gallon tank. Full air ride, Valves on all corners, single 5 Gallon tank, Viar 400 compressor. No control system for the air ride. $1800.00 obo

CAB IS SOLD

355 SBC Tuned Port, built by D&W. Double bump heads, TPI cam, Mass Air, Sepintine setup, 0 miles 4000.00 obo

700R4 built by Steve Tobler. Was built for my 502 Ramjet, and guarenteed to handle the torque. 0 miles 2800.00

67 long box with tailgate, 68 fenders 68 grill , rad support and a new 67/68 Goodmark cowl hood. Depending on what and how much of it you want determines the price.

I also have a SWB frame for someone to make a different project.

I also have many other parts for these years of trucks, so if you need something , just ask.

BTW, I also have a 72 2wd Jimmy project that I will be doing the same thing with, so stay posted for that one.

Thanks for looking

Darren
Attached Images

Last edited by classicchev; 09-20-2009 at 10:17 PM.
classicchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:29 AM   #2
shaneo2112RUSH

Re: 68 C20 project parting out

sorry to change subjects but is that the truck that was in colorado??
Old 09-19-2009, 10:40 AM   #3
68chevyfuelie

I'm looking for a 68 GMC rad saddle, hood, hood latch, and rear bumper brackets.
Thanks
68chevyfuelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:05 AM   #4
classicchev

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68chevyfuelie View Post
I'm looking for a 68 GMC rad saddle, hood, hood latch, and rear bumper brackets.
Thanks
I do believe all GMC rad supports are the same, if so I have what you need, shipping the hood will be more than what its worth.

Let me know if you want to proceed.
Darren
Old 09-19-2009, 11:08 AM   #5
classicchev

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneo2112RUSH View Post
sorry to change subjects but is that the truck that was in colorado??
YES, the crew cab was owned by Adam from Parker Colorado until yesterday. I will be flying down to Denver on the 25th to drive it home.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:38 AM   #6
68chevyfuelie

Could you price shipping for everything minus the hood please? What kind of shape is the rad saddle in? Thanks
Old 09-19-2009, 11:55 AM   #7
classicchev

If you are talking rad support, its excellent. Its been blasted, painted with dp40 and Acyricote. Just a quess, because of the oversize box and weight it should be no more than $100. All the parts have been blasted and sprayed.

For all peices of the grill including headlight buckets etc, latch and rear bumper brackets 350.00 plus shipping.

If you want I will get you pics, but its perfect and black.

Of course I would have to weigh and get an actual cost
Darren
Old 09-20-2009, 02:13 AM   #8
KMACD71

The 72 Jimmy with the 68 front end would be tempting. I can't fit the whole family in my C10. How complete is the Jimmy?
KMACD71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:22 AM   #9
HeavyD

What price for the SWB frame? Does it have an indent for power steering box? Coils or leafs? Thanks
Old 09-20-2009, 11:40 AM   #10
short-t

Hi Darren,

PM sent. Would like to come by and have a look at your cab and possibly some of your front end sheet metal. Thanks, Greg
short-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:40 PM   #11
classicchev

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMACD71 View Post
The 72 Jimmy with the 68 front end would be tempting. I can't fit the whole family in my C10. How complete is the Jimmy?
The Jimmy has been my project for years. I bought this from a board member years ago that spent a ton on this and sold it to me. It is a original 2WD, has air, cruise, titlt, tach, speedwarning etc,etc,etc. I had HUGE plans for this to do full air ride, notch the frame ,huge brakes ,huge engine, huge over the top everything which is all still in the boxes they came in. I really had a hard time with the altering of the Jimmy, and just by chance Gringolocos 4/2wd came up for sale and I jumped all over it. So there the story begins,
The frame has been blasted, DP40 and sprayed with Acyricote. New everything. Lowered the old fashioned way with spindles springs and blocks, new slotted and drilled rotors front and rear, new 3.73 Posi setup. I will be keeping the original engine and trans I had planned for it, but I am thinkin of putting the new engine and trans out of the 79 3+3 that Im getting from Colorado in. All new bushing and body mounts.
The body is on of the nicest I have ever seen. Everthing is close to perfect, the main tub in my opinion needs nothing. Floors, rockers, boxes, windsheild frame,firewall, everything is perfect. Glass is all there and tinted, double wall top, hatch is really the only thing that needs a little work. I have all new seals, weatherstrips, etc etc etc. Front clips are all available, 67 68 chev, 67 72 GMC, 69 72 chev, with whatever hood or a 67 68 Chev cowl.

I have pretty much everything to put this beauty together except the time. I have 4 other projects and the one that this post is on is just one that Im dismantling. There is just not enough time in a day to get things done.

I honestly not even thought of the price I would want for this, but after typing out what there is included, it is going to take me some time to come up with a number on this.

Oh BTW, I also would really like to sell this to someone a little further away than Lethbridge, there are getting to be waaaaaaaaay too many 2wds in Alberta. For a while, there was only 3 that I knew of, one in Edmaonton and the white one in Lethbridge.

Anyways, that is the story behind the "Blimmy", and its probably a good thing for me to type this and really see what I have into this project.

Darren
Old 09-20-2009, 12:48 PM   #12
classicchev

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
What price for the SWB frame? Does it have an indent for power steering box? Coils or leafs? Thanks
It was a coil setup, but the trailing arms where crap, BUT I have another set that goes with it. It was a 6 bolt, front crossmember is out, but again I do have a 5 bolt setup that is just a little dirty. The frame has been blasted and powdercoated, but the PO did not do a very nice job of that, but other that that it is decent. Somewhere I have the original 6 bolt diff.

Im looking for at least 1500 for the frame with all the 5 bolt stuff, since these are the heart of a SWB truck project they are the toughest to find.

Frame is east of Hanna, but Im in Calgary.

Darren
Old 09-20-2009, 12:51 PM   #13
classicchev

Quote:
Originally Posted by short-t View Post
Hi Darren,

PM sent. Would like to come by and have a look at your cab and possibly some of your front end sheet metal. Thanks, Greg
Pm returned with my number. Im home all day.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:30 PM   #14
KMACD71

Darren I saw your new Blazer project at Street Wheeler this year.(very nice) I talked to your sister about it because as soon as I saw it I thought it was the one for sale on this board. Glad to see it in Alberta. I'm guessing you weren't there because you would know now there is another 2wd Blazer in Lethbridge. A lady in town has a really nice black lowered one, so my chances of getting yours is getting slimmer. I'll keep watching though.
KMACD71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:49 PM   #15
classicchev

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMACD71 View Post
Darren I saw your new Blazer project at Street Wheeler this year.(very nice) I talked to your sister about it because as soon as I saw it I thought it was the one for sale on this board. Glad to see it in Alberta. I'm guessing you weren't there because you would know now there is another 2wd Blazer in Lethbridge. A lady in town has a really nice black lowered one, so my chances of getting yours is getting slimmer. I'll keep watching though.
I was in Lethbridge, I was probably standing in that stupid line to get registered. My sister and brother in law talked me into taking the yellow one there, so they got to sit there and "talk" about it. I also had my black 78 Datsun pickup there to cruise around with, so I quess I got satisfied there.

I was just kidding about the too close to home comment, but yes there is getting to be way more 2wds around.

Eventually the Jimmy is going to have to go, I really have to decide if Im going to have it as a runner or a project for sale.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:50 PM   #16
68chevyfuelie

Let me know a firmer price on shipping, please. Pictures would be nice though.
Thanks, David
Old 10-03-2009, 09:39 PM   #17
Neal Molder
The Black Pearl

Is that a LWB truck. If so I'm interested in the frame. How much would you want for it?
Neal Molder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:49 AM   #18
classicchev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Molder View Post
Is that a LWB truck. If so I'm interested in the frame. How much would you want for it?
Price is in the ad above. Yes it is a LWB. I will though sell the rolling frame only as I would like to use all the other stuff on my 79.

Darren

Last edited by classicchev; 10-04-2009 at 12:49 AM.
classicchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #19
Neal Molder
The Black Pearl

I'm interested ! Can you show me any pics of the frame?
Old 10-04-2009, 01:19 PM   #20
classicchev

Depends on how you want it. I will put the springs back into the frame, and remove all the air bags and everything I want. Im going to keep the tank, vavles and headers. This is a great platform to start with, all ready for the transplant of your body onto this. I also have many other parts if you are interested.

Pm me your email and I will send some pics that way, its way faster than going through Photobucket to make the inages smaller.

I will PM you my number if you want to call.
Darren
Old 10-04-2009, 01:49 PM   #21
Neal Molder
The Black Pearl

I'm just interested in bare frame. I have all new front end parts. My e-mail address is nlmolder@eidnet.org