The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-27-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
myoldchevytruck
Retired Air Force Veteran

Red/Black Bow Tie Logo Center Cap Stickers

A few weeks ago, I did a proto type Black w/ Red Bowtie Logo for my Rat Rod's Rally Cap Centers. I just received the finished stickers. They are a Vinyl Material with a UV Coating and are Clear Coated (This means they'll will withstand the elements. BTW, I live in South Fl). I have 3 other sets that I will be selling once I pay my membership subscription. Other color variations will be available. For my ride, the gold bowtie logo just was not cutting it since my 69' Stepside is flat black with red interior. Here's a pic of the logo. What do you guys think of them?

Swap 6 Lug to 5 Lug (w/ Disk Brakes in Front)
3/6 Drop

Help Support The Board
Click Here For Information On How To Subscribe

Krue's FAQ Page

Vendors
myoldchevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:51 PM   #2
chevy_mike
Never Ending Projects

Re: Red/Black Bow Tie Logo Center Cap Stickers

Nice idea but not to nitpick, the parts of the bowtie in the middle are suppose to be straight up, not angled like the ends. A very common mistake I see done and a big peeve of mine. Maybe it's the way it is photographed but they look angled.

If you didn't supply the artwork to the company, I would say it is their mistake and have them redo them correctly.
1965 Chevy C10, Long, Fleetside, Hot Rod C10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=415702 SOLD

We were given two ears and one mouth for a reason... listen twice as much and speak half as often...

Last edited by chevy_mike; 09-27-2009 at 01:52 PM.
chevy_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:25 PM   #3
myoldchevytruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy_mike View Post
Nice idea but not to nitpick, the parts of the bowtie in the middle are suppose to be straight up, not angled like the ends. A very common mistake I see done and a big peeve of mine. Maybe it's the way it is photographed but they look angled.

If you didn't supply the artwork to the company, I would say it is their mistake and have them redo them correctly.
I looked back at a post from 72BlckButy (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=359217&page=2 post #32) and this is where my idea sort of stemmed off of. I have painted/powder coated allot of parts including the inside of the cab and dash Red so I wanted the center caps red also. Looks to me like Nate's - 72BlckButy (link above) new OEM bowtie center caps are angled. As stated, my idea came from his post and I had the thin Red line for added definition
3/6 Drop

Help Support The Board

Krue's FAQ Page

Vendors

Last edited by myoldchevytruck; 09-27-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:58 PM   #4
chevy_mike
Never Ending Projects

Missed the reply. I checked out the pic you are talking about. 72BlckButy and his are straight as they should be. ANY GM licensed Chevy bowtie will be straight. That is their trademarked logo. Some knock off stuff will have these with the angles either because they didn't know any better or to get around copyright issues.

I did a quick Photoshop rotation of the center and it is straight. Not trying to bag on your because you have a cool idea of what you did, I just see little details like this and sometimes others don't.

If you are happy then that is all that matter.
Attached Images

1965 Chevy C10, Long, Fleetside, Hot Rod C10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=415702 SOLD

We were given two ears and one mouth for a reason... listen twice as much and speak half as often...
chevy_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:00 PM   #5
c10crazy
Like a Rock!

Quote:

Good eye Mike! Harry, you did a great job and they will look really sharp on your ride but I agree they should be vertical unless you are going for a different look.
c10crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:17 PM   #6
myoldchevytruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10crazy View Post
Good eye Mike! Harry, you did a great job and they will look really sharp on your ride but I agree they should be vertical unless you are going for a different look.
c10crazy, Not looking for a different look, I just missed what Mike pointed out. They do look really good though. I started a new thread (check it ou) with the decals on the caps and I also painted the bowtie on my horn button. Thanks guys.
3/6 Drop

Help Support The Board

Krue's FAQ Page

Vendors
Old 10-27-2010, 11:24 AM   #7
Little Red

Quote:
Missed the reply. I checked out the pic you are talking about. 72BlckButy and his are straight as they should be. ANY GM licensed Chevy bowtie will be straight. That is their trademarked logo. Some knock off stuff will have these with the angles either because they didn't know any better or to get around copyright issues.

I did a quick Photoshop rotation of the center and it is straight. Not trying to bag on your because you have a cool idea of what you did, I just see little details like this and sometimes others don't.

If you are happy then that is all that matter.
Where did you get those gold stickers, they look like the OE aluminum ones from a 2X4.

69 C10 Stepside ~ Project
79 K10 Shortbed 4X4 ~ Sold
72 Chevelle SS Clone ~ Sold
Little Red is offline   Reply With Quote