The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-28-2009, 07:48 PM   #1
KrazyAz

A local vendor that has the stuff

Hi all I thought id post a local vendor of 47 - 73 chevy parts

http://www.grumpystruckparts.com/index2.ivnu

hope this helps out

KrazyAz
KrazyAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:06 PM   #2
VanceH
Loving the Jimmster

Re: A local vendor that has the stuff

You should give them this address and see if they would like to sign up as a vendor!! I always try to use the people that support the site first.

Thanks for the link

vance
VanceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:08 PM   #3
Rack Man

Bar none...they have the worst attitudes of any business I have ever dealt with......They call themselves "Grumpy's" for a reason... because it fits!

I have spent thousands & thousands of dollars on my resto and have not spent one dime with these people...I called them on 15 seperate occasions and they never had what I needed or even said that they could help me get it....their answer was always "nope, aint got and nope, can't get it".....and then hang up!

Wes @ Classic Hearbeat has helped me every single time!...He knows how to make money especially in a tough economy......

Last edited by Rack Man; 09-28-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Rack Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:17 PM   #4
VanceH
Loving the Jimmster

Nice info, i havent had the chance to buy from Wes but i am sure i will before its over.
VanceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:32 PM   #5
KrazyAz

Sorry to hear u had such crappy service and bad response with them.I know that i went there with a list of stuff and they had all but 2 things.They were also 5 - 10 dollars cheaper than brothers were.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:32 PM   #6
special-K
Special Order

I haven`t heard anything good about Grumpy`s.Have you had good experiences or is it just that it`s a place that has parts near you?Not trying to bash your thread,but I`ve heard what`s been mentioned along with high prices.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:53 PM   #7
Rack Man

I forgot to mention but I have also been in their store (in person) on several occasions and the attitudes are just as bad......The lady who owns it really should not be in any type of sales or customer service related position....she is one NASTY woman....

Now, trust me...I would love to give my business to the locals as I am a believer in supporting the local economy....But I would pay double somewhere else before I gave them people one cent of my business....

Fwiw, There is one small truck parts guy in town who does a pretty good job...and that is Arrowhead Truck Parts..

Last edited by Rack Man; 09-28-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Rack Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:55 PM   #8
vegaschevy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack Man View Post
Bar none...they have the worst attitudes of any business I have ever dealt with......They call themselves "Grumpy's" for a reason... because it fits!

I have spent thousands & thousands of dollars on my resto and have not spent one dime with these people...I called them on 15 seperate occasions and they never had what I needed or even said that they could help me get it....their answer was always "nope, aint got and nope, can't get it".....and then hang up!

Wes @ Classic Hearbeat has helped me every single time!...He knows how to make money especially in a tough economy......
i have driven from Vegas to their twice, attitude sucked BAD both times. Now I found a place on 75th that has everything as well and the guy in there (wish I could remember his name) was helpful, nice, and great to deal with. It was called the chrome shop, or something like that. They are around 75th and Glendale
vegaschevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #9
AusTx68

Speaking of local vendors, I found a place 1 1/2 hr from my home in San Antonio. I was looking for door shells and figured I could drop in and save big on shipping. Guy tells me I can't pick it up because it ships out of Dallas. I tell him I'm in Dallas several times a month and will go there to pick it up. Nope, says it has to be shipped for the same price as out of state. Wth? No doubt he was padding profits with shipping charges.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:29 PM   #10
mastertruckmaster

The chrome guy. 67th avenue and Grand. Jeff is a great guy. Stocks most parts for our trucks.
mastertruckmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:09 AM   #11
KrazyAz

Found new local vendor ......these guys are kool
http://www.arrowheadparts.com/QCart/
Old 10-14-2009, 08:20 AM   #12
hchad18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack Man View Post
I forgot to mention but I have also been in their store (in person) on several occasions and the attitudes are just as bad......The lady who owns it really should not be in any type of sales or customer service related position....she is one NASTY woman....

Now, trust me...I would love to give my business to the locals as I am a believer in supporting the local economy....But I would pay double somewhere else before I gave them people one cent of my business....

Fwiw, There is one small truck parts guy in town who does a pretty good job...and that is Arrowhead Truck Parts..
I've had the same experience with them. It is sad because they are right up the road from my work and would like to go there more often for stuff. I saw the Arrowhead guys at the Glendale swap meet will probably check them out.
hchad18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:33 PM   #13
vegaschevy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastertruckmaster View Post
The chrome guy. 67th avenue and Grand. Jeff is a great guy. Stocks most parts for our trucks.
That is the place!!!
vegaschevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:49 PM   #14
OARNGESI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastertruckmaster View Post
the chrome guy. 67th avenue and grand. Jeff is a great guy. Stocks most parts for our trucks.
yeah hes really helpful several times he actually talked me out of getting stuff i really didnt need or had a problem with something he took it back he also stocks all the hardware youd ever need to bolt up those new parts
OARNGESI is offline   Reply With Quote