The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-01-2009, 09:56 PM   #1
1moretoy

rubber radiator support mounts

i have a 70 c10 and want to put a 67 frontclip on it. what year rubber mounts do i use? thanks
1moretoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:42 AM   #2
unclewatts
70 Chevrolet=Obsession

Re: rubber radiator support mounts

I assume you are talking about the radiator support panel. I have known for a long time that 67-68 mounts are different from 69-72 mounts. Interestingly enough, LMC offers these mounts as kits and specifies 67-72. (part #30-0124) I don't know, maybe this is a misprint in the catalog or they have come up with a universal part that fits both. It's on page 32 at www.lmctruck.com. If it's real, your in business!

I'm Just like my truck. Old, Ugly and Grouchy. Except my truck starts easily in the morning and doesn't smoke!

IT'S NOT EASY BEING GREEN! -Kermit the frog

1970 Chevrolet C-10 Longbed Stepside :
350, Muncie M20, 3.08 GM corp. positraction Forest green exterior/light green interior(Where all my money goes)

1996 Toyota Corolla (Parts runner)
unclewatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:30 AM   #3
GMCPaul

Re: rubber radiator support mounts

You should use your original style core support mounting pads for a 69-72 frame using a 67-68 front clip. The difference is in the frame brackets that are attached to the frame that the core support mounts sit on, if you use 67-68 radiator support pads they are thinner because the 67-68 mounts are higher on frame and used on a 69-72 frame it will cause a wider gap at the top of the fender where it meets the door and a tighter gap at the bottom of the fender because the front support is mounted slightly to low using 67-68 pads thuis causing the fender to run at a uphill angle as it heads towards the door, if you use the 69-72 core support pads on a 67-68 frame it causes a larger gap at the bottom back of fender where it meets the door and a tighter gap at the top of the fender at the door due to the taller pads lifting the core support higher in front thus causing the fender to run at a downward angle towards the door. Always use the radiator support pads based on what year your frame is, do not base it on what year your front clip you will be using.
GMCPaul
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote