The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-16-2003, 12:16 PM   #1
714x4

Seat Swap Options ??

There have been numerious discussions on what seats will fit in our trucks but I haven't seen anything on the newer seats with the shoulder belts incorporated as part of the seat. Has anyone tried fitting these types of seats in their truck?
714x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 12:28 PM   #2
oldcarbuff

My dad picked up a set of leather buckets from a chrysler convertible that he is going to use with the attached seatbelts.

The ones I measured from trucks all seemed pretty wide (and pretty expensive, so I didn't measure many).

I used a mid seat from a suburban that I bought from truckandrv.com for $140. It was brand new and fit nicely. the only drawbacks are: it doesn't adjust backward and forward and it sits higher than the old seat. I am pretty tall--6'1" with most of that height in the body, but the seat still works well for me.

It had the belt (lap) built in for the center seat and the receiver for the driver side built in. The cable that secures them to the floor lined up with the existing seat belt hole from the original truck belts.

I bought a set of shoulder belts at the same place ($35 each) and they clip into the suburban seat on the drivers side. I had to bolt on the receiver for the passenger side.

I did have to put a few holes in the floor of the truck and I used a piece of angle iron under the floor to prevent tearout in case there would be a wreck.

I know that isn't an exact answer to your question, but it is an option.

OCB
oldcarbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 01:09 PM   #3
Fred T
Cantankerous Geezer

The seat in my 69 (installed by the p.o.) came out of a Dodge quad cab. Good comfortable ride, but they sit too high for me and I can't get the integral shoulder belt retractos to release, they were computer controlled.

There is no such thing as too much cam...just not enough engine.
Fred T is offline   Reply With Quote