The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2009, 12:05 PM   #1
Miotch20

Cash for Clunkers SUCKS!!!

I went to my and found a set of Vortec heads on a 1996 Suburban that was a cash for clunkers trade in. The SUV was stripped they took the whole interior the bumpers and so on. I knew the blocks were bad because they locked them down, but there is no reason why the heads should be bad. right? Either way I pulled them put them in the wheelbarrow and headed out with them. On the way out a guy pulls up on his golf cart and tells me that I can't buy them because its part of the drivetrain on a clunker and they can't sell me them. After we argued for a while I left the wheelbarrow and heads sittin in the middle of the road and left. There was another Yukon that was missing one head you can't tell me they didn't sell that. After I got home I read some of the bill and it states that they can sell anything but the drivetrain. Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't the drivetrain include the any engine parts, transmission, driveshaft , and rearend? The told me they were selling the trannys. So needless to say I was mad