The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-20-2009, 07:08 PM   #1
hill64step

To bag or not to bag..

Trying to decide which way I want to go suspension wise. I don't care about laying rocker, and I don't want a huge notch that will require modification to the bed floor. My first thought was to just go with 2.5 drop spindles up front and 4" coil springs in the rear, but I'm starting to think about just saving cash for a while and bagging it.
I guess my question is how low could I go with the basic notch. I want to keep the bed floor stock. I know the floor could be raised, but I still would rather keep it as is.
Suggestions? Anyone have pics of stepsides with bigger drops or bags with basic notches?
Old 10-20-2009, 10:42 PM   #2
65Custom

Re: To bag or not to bag..

Hey man I am doing just what you want to do I have bought my bags etc and I didn't notch the frame at this point I am not anticipating any issues but I wont know till I get there I was just planning on letting it lay on the bump stop as its lowest point that it will go Also if you go bags I would recommend getting a level ride system there are a couple out there on the market.

My Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=366677

I must be
65Custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:53 PM   #3
hill64step

Re: To bag or not to bag..

Yeah your build plans are almost identical to mine lol. I actually have some experience with level ride/digital systems so I was planning to go that way if I decide to go with air. I'm just new to these trucks so I'm having trouble making up my mind up if I want to go with air or lowering springs.

Thanks for the post, and I'll be watching your build thread.