The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-25-2009, 05:33 PM   #1
Hair

Powerglide shift lever removal

How do you remove the shift lever from the side of a powerglide transmission? There are no nuts or bolts or anything on the outside, so I am assuming that you have to unbolt it from the inside somewhere. How do I do that? If I drop the pan will I see it? Is it a simple thing to do?
Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:52 PM   #2
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Re: Powerglide shift lever removal

On mine there is a hole near the mounting point on the outside. Someone stuck a nail through it and bent it so it didn't come off... But I know for the turn signal lever you have to pull the steering wheel and there is a screw that holds it in place. So I would just suggest pulling off the steering wheel and looking for the mounting point there.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
*Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote