The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #1
ChevyMo

GMC Pauls and TruckandCarShop

I rarely ever make a post I am more the peruser of the cool trucks I see here. But I have seen a lot of good posts about GMC Pauls and from my experience they are on my bad vendors list. It seems these parts sellers are going the way of Ebay sellers. Promise you a good price and then gouge you on the shipping.

I ordered a fuel tank and a window strip kit from GMC Pauls. What seemed to be a good deal. Then they tried to apply a second charge of $15 to my card for "oversized shipping" there was already a standard charge for shipping when I placed the order. I denied that second charge. Then I get my tank and found out it was dropped shipped from the manufacturer for free! On top of that GMC Pauls failed to ship the window strip kit, I had to call and ask them for a tracking number, low and behold they couldnt find it. But later sent me an email with a tracking number, it shipped the day I called.

Today I ordered some parts from TruckandCarShop.com. After finishing my transaction, there wasnt a shipping charge on the invoice. Im thinking since my order was over $100 ($119) then shipping must be free. I hit submit and the cart closed, no notice that transaction was complete, a thank you or nothing. I got a confirmation email stating $119 and $0 dollars for shipping.
Then about an hour later I get a phone call from someone stating that there is a $15 shipping charge that would be added to my charges. The parts I ordered would fit in a shoe box, Im thinking the standard shipping would be around $8 to $10. She tells me all orders of different price range have a flat charge for shipping. I told her to go ahead and ship it but that would be the last order they would get from me.

So, I guess my post is to these two vendors as much as it is for the consumers. I will not be ordering from GMC Pauls or TruckandCarShop anymore. I find your business practices shady and underhanded. You don't deserve my money.
ChevyMo is offline   Reply With Quote