The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-21-2003, 06:04 AM   #1
79BIG10
I'm back with 2nd truck!

Smile My wife (truck related)

My wife has helped me alot since the start of the restoration of the truck in 2001. She was there to help us pull the old motor, clean it out, and install the new engine. She's not the kind to sit on the side and watch she was right there with me turning a wrench and asking how something worked and what other things were. She was there for the engine's break in Well this past week she helped me get my accelerator cable fixed. It had been not working right since I got it running again. The pedal would be floored but the cable was only pulling back a little over half way so I couldn't see how much the truck would do. Well after she helped me fix the cable we've been driving it more. She never drives it unless needs to(she'd rather drive her car which doesn't bother me a bit). So tonight we were out in the truck and I wanted to play with it a bit so I opened the carb up and was hauling a$$!! I hit about 70-80 in 2nd gear and then my wife looked at me and said "You need to take this to the track!!" I was shocked to hear her say that!! I thought she was kidding but she said that she wants me to go and have fun legally and safely. So looks like some trips to the track this year are in order What has your wife done for your truck lately

"Don't underestimate how sexy a fat man who drinks to excess can be." Homer Simpson
79BIG10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 06:43 AM   #2
Prerunner1982

my gf hasnt done anything, but she wants too... wants me to teach her things.. dont mind at all...
Oklahoma Roll Call
Prerunner1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 07:08 AM   #3
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

I'll come and race ya!!
Old 01-21-2003, 10:07 AM   #4
Izzy
Trucker.

My wife loves the trucks. She's tried welded, primed and turned wrenches on the 83.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 10:27 AM   #5
BigRed

No help from mine, just understanding (most of the time).
Old 01-21-2003, 12:29 PM   #6
PHOENIX

My girl friend helped my get all the paint out of the bed and prepare it for the do-it-yourself spray in bedliner. It was alot of nasty work and she was there the whole time.
Old 01-21-2003, 01:41 PM   #7
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

My wife help?? You have to be kidding me. I guess if I asked her to, she would try. But after me pissing her off, she would get ticked and go in the house. It's happened too many times with other stuff.

There is no way in the world I could ever work with my wife. We don't see eye to eye when it comes to working. Me and her both are too hard headed. We get mad at each other real easy doing these kind of things. She wants me to do things her way, and this ain't going to happen. I demand for her to do things the way I want them, and that ain't going to happen either.

Ahhh....love. Ain't it a wonderful thing?

Now, all you single guys get married real quick. I don't want all of you to miss out on all this fun I've been having.

1985 Chevy C-10
swervin ervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 01:44 PM   #8
BigRed

That's funny Mike, my wife and I are the same way. We end up just getting mad at eachother when we try and do something together. We are both pig-headed too! Glad to hear we're not the only ones out there.
Old 01-21-2003, 02:09 PM   #9
arveetek
Ultimate Diesel Dude

Well, my fiance hasn't helped much on my truck (haven't had to do anything to it for a while), but she did help me rebuild the engine in my old school bus and reinstall it, and she's right beside me remodeling the house we will be living in. Last night, she was measuring and cutting sheet rock while I was hanging it and nailing it up. We work great together! She's the best.
Old 01-22-2003, 03:24 AM   #10
Myride

My wife is a real help with everything too. Good women.
Myride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 07:40 AM   #11
79BIG10
I'm back with 2nd truck!

Mike that sounds like us alot as well. She wants to do it one way but I tell her no we're doing it this way. But all in all it's very worth it.

"Don't underestimate how sexy a fat man who drinks to excess can be." Homer Simpson
Old 01-22-2003, 10:00 AM   #12
Zilverado
Account Suspended

Well, my wife is certainly no mechanic, but she doesn't mind me working on the truck, as long as it's not the whole summer . Actually, with our recent cold snap (-20's C daytime highs), her daily driver - a '92 Pathfinder - went on the fritz (alternator), so she's been driving the truck. Besides the occasional complaint about the rear wheel drive on the snow and ice, she doesn't mind driving it.

One other thing. My wife definitely understands and appreciates the money we save by me doing most of the mechanical work on our vehicles myself. And for me, the money savings translate into being able to afford some pretty cool tools.

Zilverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 10:22 AM   #13
bigd65

I DONT WANT NO WOMAN TOUCHING THE GHOST
Old 01-22-2003, 11:06 AM   #14
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Jeff,

Heather is not going to like that.

1985 Chevy C-10
Old 01-22-2003, 11:25 AM   #15
Zilverado
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally posted by bigd65
I DONT WANT NO WOMAN TOUCHING THE GHOST
Ouch!!!!

I agree with Mike, I think I see Scottsdale 4x4 tracks up someone's rearend in the near future......

Zilverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 06:56 PM   #16
Cole's 87

Cool

My wife has been pretty support of. She was the one who got me to do the engine swap in the first place,(305 out 461 In) after going to a couple of car shows. Its a really fine line I have to walk she has put me on a budget to help stop the impulse buying. If I saw and wanted it I would just get it. Now we are saving up for the Edelbrock Performer injection system I hope it will help all the way around Performance, Economy, Driveability. We have made out a list of things that will complete the truck, sort of like a time line based on money. Boy is it hard to not just order what you want right of the internet.
Cole's 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 09:54 AM   #17
BigRed

Quote:
Boy is it hard to not just order what you want right of the internet.
Not hard when you don't have the money. However, if I still had a credit card, we would be in trouble!!
Old 01-23-2003, 12:30 PM   #18
PHOENIX

I order stuff online all the time.

I got my missing parts from theZeb tuesday and Ill be getting some gun cases (to carry rifles) from Cabelas today. I love to buy stuff. I just wish I had more money so I could buy better stuff.
Old 01-23-2003, 04:56 PM   #19
bigd65

Mike , actually i was kidding a little i do kinda wosh my wife would geet into helping on my truck, BUT ONLY AT MY DIRECTION.
Old 01-23-2003, 09:49 PM   #20
1FaastC10
Account Suspended

nice cover Jeff, maybe Heather will just hit you with her truck now, rather than run you over.
1FaastC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 02:02 AM   #21
chevychic

LOL!

I love how you guys always got my back

What's that saying? Oh yeah...

Silly boys...Trucks are for GIRLS!!!

It's funny actually because since I've been putting in a lot of time and effort into my truck, my husband refuses to drive it. He's scared of messing something up and getting yelled at.

We're another one of those that don't work too well together.
I'm a "let's give it a try and see how we do or how it looks" type of person. He's a pre-judge, it won't work or look good type of person.

For example, when we first moved into this house, I wanted to get some curtains. Something nice with a scarf decorative thingy along the top and I found a really cool pattern that looked funny alone, but would look good with the right curtains. He wouldn't let me try it because he didn't think it would look good even though I said we'd return them if they didn't. Well, last week, my friend wanted me to come over and decorate her new windows anyway I wanted to, so I got to use my idea and it looked awesome. Her husband complained the whole time because I was decorating a window instead of being in the garage working on his 84 C-10 he just got.

But yes, SOME (not all) women shouldn't mess with trucks...then again, I know some men that shouldn't either :p

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a horrible warning.

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think"
- Christopher Robin
chevychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 03:50 AM   #22
Prerunner1982

heather, if only all women could be like you!
Prerunner1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 04:20 AM   #23
79BIG10
I'm back with 2nd truck!

How true

Old 01-24-2003, 09:27 AM   #24
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

She is a rare breed no doubt.

1985 Chevy C-10