The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-21-2009, 07:09 PM   #1
damnyankee36

A/C Compressor Bracket w/Headers

My compressor bracket assembly will no longer mount to the engine with the headers I just installed. Anybody have any suggestions or what they have done to mount this compressor? I wouldn't mind mounting a Sanden or R4 compressor if I had too.

It's an original system with an A6 compressor (long type) on a the passenger side of a '66 SBC.

BTW, search didn't do me any good because it wouldn't use the word "compressor". It said, "The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : compressor".

Strange.
damnyankee36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:22 PM   #2
ruffrida2005
Member of the longbed union.

Re: A/C Compressor Bracket w/Headers

I have no Idea, but if you mention what headers your using someone else might be able to help.

88 GMC Crew Cab dually, 454/T400

64 LWB 400 HP 350/350T Bagged, under construction! Sold most of it!

92 S10 Iron Duke 5 speed, 5/7 drop for now. soon to be bagged. Sold http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...59#post4637759
ruffrida2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:10 AM   #3
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I'm trying to remember just how those A/C brackets bolted up, but I'm not having much luck. For any brackets that used to bolt on to the exhaust manifolds, you just need longer bolts and some tube spacers to make up the difference between the manifolds and the headers. If you have some pics that will help.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:36 AM   #4
damnyankee36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
For any brackets that used to bolt on to the exhaust manifolds, you just need longer bolts and some tube spacers to make up the difference between the manifolds and the headers. If you have some pics that will help.
Before I had actually installed the headers, that's what I thought all I would need to do, but the bracket is too close to the tube. I think I might be able to grind away a circular notch that matches the tube and then spacers might work. I was hoping not to have to modify the bracket. I'm a little anal when it comes to messing up factory components when not absolutely necessary. I'll post some pictures of what I have later.
damnyankee36 is offline   Reply With Quote