The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-23-2003, 02:13 AM   #1
67'ShortMonster

Will this work ? 72'Burban frame for 67 LWB ?

I have been building this 67 SWB 4x4 for a while, and it just seems like a waste to put the money into it and beat it to death in the mud, so i am thinking of taking the cab off and clip and using a 72' burban frame and making a 2wd. It's a 3/4 ton with coils.. I would probably try and switch it to 5 lug, is that even possible...?
The reason i am doing this... All the 4x4 stuff is more than enough to finish the truck as a 2wd road machine.
67'ShortMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 02:17 AM   #2
68 Suburban

The back of the Burb frame is different than a pickup frame.
68 Suburban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 03:57 PM   #3
67'ShortMonster

Well that's a kick in the crotch... Hmmm. What about all the trailing arms for the rear coil set up... are they interchangeable ?... SWB , LWB, pickups...? Are there different trailing arms for the SWB, LWB...? I have one of each at my dad's place, i could go measure em, but they are in two feet of snow.
On a second note:
Is it worth it to fix a bent 2wd SWB coil rear frame... The front frame rails are twisted to the left bad from the back of front cross member forward...
67'ShortMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 06:55 PM   #4
MAC67
" SHOW ME"

i havnt tride the 67 72 pickup to a 67 72 burb,,,but i have done a 72 lwb to an 83 4wd burb and it went pretty dang smooth,,,the only thing you realy have to do is raise youre cab mounts,,and the awsome thing was ,,was that the wheel base was so close we didnt have to change it,,,it looks factory,,the only trimming you would have to do is the burb will have about a foot of extra frame hangin out behind the bed maybe less,,,just get the hot wrench out and cut it off and re weld your bumper mounts,,im just sayin that i know if you use a 73 and up burb frame it will be pretty easy,,
MAC67 is offline   Reply With Quote