The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-14-2009, 02:13 AM   #1
Smallz72project

Purchasing Repair panels, have a few questions

So I am going to be putting in an order with Goodmark Industries for my repair panels for the cab of my 67'. I know that I need outer and inner rockers, cab corners, front and rear cab supports. I know that the front portion of the floor needs some work as well as well as the kick panels where the vents are.

My question is, I see that Goodmark has whats called outer floor extension. What exactly is this. Is it just the first few inches of the floor right by the door and includes inner rockers or would you have to put inner rockers on as well? And then I am a bit confused on what panels exactly I should get to repair the front floor and kick panel area, should I just get the kickpanel, front floor, and pillar. Im sorry for the seeminly ignorant questions, just want to make sure I get all the right parts because I am doing this alone and know no one personally that has ever repaired one of these cabs. Thanks in advance and keep on truckin

Todd
Smallz72project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:42 PM   #2
rwolf9653
more ideas than money

Re: Purchasing Repair panels, have a few questions

I haven't bought one yet, but I have been looking at those. They are the inner rocker and the first couple of inches of floor inside the door jamb already assembled. Sounds like a great thing to me, as long as they fit well.

1948 Chevy 3100 5 window
1966 Chevy C30 Dually
1967 Chevy K10
1972 Chevy K20
1972 Chevy C10
1972 Chevy K5 Blazer
1987 Chevy V10
2003 Chevy Suburban
rwolf9653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:58 PM   #3
mbgmike

Heres what they look like on a 1970 and stock picture
Attached Images

mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:00 PM   #4
mbgmike

more
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2009, 08:12 PM   #5
mbgmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallz72project View Post
So I am going to be putting in an order with Goodmark Industries for my repair panels for the cab of my 67'. I know that I need outer and inner rockers, cab corners, front and rear cab supports. I know that the front portion of the floor needs some work as well as well as the kick panels where the vents are.

My question is, I see that Goodmark has whats called outer floor extension. What exactly is this. Is it just the first few inches of the floor right by the door and includes inner rockers or would you have to put inner rockers on as well? And then I am a bit confused on what panels exactly I should get to repair the front floor and kick panel area, should I just get the kickpanel, front floor, and pillar. Im sorry for the seeminly ignorant questions, just want to make sure I get all the right parts because I am doing this alone and know no one personally that has ever repaired one of these cabs. Thanks in advance and keep on truckin

Todd
Take a pic and measure the amount of rust and most guys here can tell you if the The panels will cover it

No need to replace the inner if using the outer floor extension. It is the inner fender plus about 3.5in into the floor. Their have been some post on it the body section. I would go their and look. I personally like the part and don't have much problem installing them but it depends on your skill level.

You will have to cut out your cab corners to install and some of your A-Pillar.
If They are fine you will not want to use this panel in its entirety. Its more for cabs where these parts are gone as well. You just use enough to fix the rust. ie) if you corners are fine and just rusted in front just cut the panel in the back ahead of the Rear pillar.
ANy questions pm us or just ask here. We do this stuff for a living
Old 12-15-2009, 12:00 AM   #6
flashed

How much do those cost versus the individual inner and outer panels ? That looks like what I need when I have some spare funds.
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:46 PM   #7
mbgmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
How much do those cost versus the individual inner and outer panels ? That looks like what I need when I have some spare funds.
They range in prices depending on company The inner panels are all crap if using the universal flat inner rocker panel. If you are talking about the partial floor section with the inner rocker section formed in they fit like crap as an inner rocker also no matter who Mfg's it even Tabco. We have used every ones
Not knowing the situation. I would use the piece above and cut up and weld in the amount of floor patch needed.
We have prices on our website to compare
Old 12-16-2009, 06:38 AM   #8
montefreak

i just bought these same pieces for my 67 chevy.The best price i found is from mikes bump and grind.They were 43.50 per side.call and talk to ....jennefer. mike you guys rule...

Last edited by montefreak; 12-16-2009 at 06:41 AM.
montefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:50 AM   #9
Larry S

I did mine back in the spring and I bought the eb fabman dvds. They helped tremendously! I had alot more rust than I thought when I got into it. Be ready for the worst. May as well fix it right while your into it.
Larry S is offline   Reply With Quote