The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-19-2009, 10:32 PM   #1
ozman3803

Has anybody installed this before?

Did a search on this but didn't seem to find anything. Has anybody installed the Wide Ride IFS kit from no limit engineering? Looks like a great set up and for the price it seems even better. I was searching tubular control arms and found this. Any experience or thoughts about this? Here's the link http://nolimit.net/prodinfo.asp?number=WRIFS-C
ozman3803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:06 AM   #2
SCOTI

Re: Has anybody installed this before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozman3803 View Post
Did a search on this but didn't seem to find anything. Has anybody installed the Wide Ride IFS kit from no limit engineering? Looks like a great set up and for the price it seems even better. I was searching tubular control arms and found this. Any experience or thoughts about this? Here's the link http://nolimit.net/prodinfo.asp?number=WRIFS-C
Might be a possibility for those w/drum brakes looking to swap to discs, R&P, & car pattern.

If you already have discs, Porterbuilts 'Dropmember' is the better choice: just as low or lower, 90% bolt-in installation, re-uses existing truck a-arms or aftermarket tubular arms, uses 12" truck disc brakes (or truck alternatives), & R&P steering.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 12-20-2009 at 01:07 AM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:05 AM   #3
LEEVON

I think there is a write-up on this in the latest Classic Trucks mag but it was on a 55?ish pickup. Same components though. It looks great, but I'm not sure that there is an advantage over some of the other crossmembers and control arm set-ups (porterbuilt for example). The way the lower arms are set way back has a weird look to me. And this is a design for multiple applications, not just 67-72. $2300...no thank you. Just my .02.

Last edited by LEEVON; 12-20-2009 at 11:06 AM.
LEEVON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #4
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

If your looking for a IFS that can be custom tuned to your application, check out www.scottshotrods.com. They are a Forum Vendor and frequent this forum.

It's not a bolt in, but in my research they offer the widest range of options for a custom designed IFS. It's not the cheapest, but it's not built from left over Mustang II parts either.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 12-20-2009 at 12:44 PM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:09 AM   #5
ozman3803

Cool, thanks for the link. I think I've looked at that before but thought I was going to stay stock but now but considering dropmember with tubular control arms with the rack set up.
ozman3803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:31 AM   #6
andrewmp6

Talk to nate he can do coil overs instead of bags or has a c4 one which uses c4 corvette parts.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #7
atomicdog

Quote:
I used one on my 57 truck and was really pleased.great parts.
Attached Images

atomicdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:59 PM   #8
atomicdog

Quote:
another pic of my wide ride.
Attached Images

atomicdog is offline   Reply With Quote