The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-12-2010, 10:49 PM   #1
2badgn

Help: Received door panels from TruckShop.com for 84 GMC

I waited over 1 month to receive these door panels. They r burgundy and have no power locks and no power windows. They look alot different than the originals. Going to the bodyshop tomorrow and I hope they will fit- Spent $200 for them.

The end of the panels come to a point - where the vent window is?

The bottom has a pocket

The rectangular space for the door handle seems to be in the wrong location.

I will be really upset if these dont fit well. I live in NY and they came from Cali.
Anybody have experince with these door panles?

They also seem to look bigger than the originals
2badgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:12 PM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: Help: Received door panels from TruckShop.com for 84 GMC

post some pics !! i have no experience with these guys but pics are worth thousands of words

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:56 AM   #3
osaltyone

Pics would be good. I ordered my suspension from them and a few other things. I am in Ca. and was able to stop by their shop to pick up parts they had in stock. Did not know they sell door panels.
osaltyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:07 AM   #4
Stitch
Account Suspended

sounds like you have an 88-91 3/4 or 1 ton truck which is the 73-87 body style and interior and you got door panels for an 88-91 1/2 to truck which is the same body style and interior as 88-98...

do your new door panels that you just bought look like this style?

Last edited by Stitch; 01-13-2010 at 01:07 AM.
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:33 AM   #5
2badgn

This is carzy. They ddefinitely look more like yours than like my 84. This is crazy. I live in NY - nowhere near Cali.

I knew they were wrong when i saw the point- mine never came to a point- that would cover up the vent window. Going to try them on at thte body shop and then call TruckShop. These were special order and i told them 1984. What should i do. I can temporarily use my old originals.

I waited over 1 month to get these. U would think that they would send the right year. I dont even know if they will take them back bc they were special order. Anybody here want to buy them?

Back to square one. Anybody know where i can buy original GMs- they probably only come in black but i can paint them. Or where can i buy panles for an 84 and not a 88-91?

Thanks

Last edited by 2badgn; 01-13-2010 at 07:36 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:49 AM   #6
Stitch
Account Suspended

they probably misunderstood you and thought you said 94...btw, those aren't my panels, those are on a suburban that's for sale on here...I also have an 84

You can contact CaptKaos on here or over on 73-87chevytrucks.com...he's a vendor here and he owns the other site...he can get you reproduction panels I'm sure...I'm not to sure about trying to find NOS original panels...good luck...sorry you had to go through that...you might want to post what happened in the Review board so everyone else can see and be aware of this business...

I would definitely call the truckstop.com and find out what they can do...hopefully the door panels that are wrong were on backorder and that's why they took so long to get to you and they'll exchange them with the right ones...and hopefully the right ones are in stock and they'll get to you sooner...

Last edited by Stitch; 01-13-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:43 PM   #7
smashingchuck
It'd be alot cooler if you did

Dude-
Get on the phone with Jeff at TruckShop.com. He is an awesome guy and I'm sure he will take care of any problems you might have.

4Runner Build
smashingchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:54 PM   #8
2badgn

Talked to TruckShop today 3-4 times and finally got customer service from a guy named Noah. He is going to have UPS pick up the wrong panels and he will send the correct ones to me in 1-2 weeks. They will cover shipping.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:03 PM   #9
Stitch
Account Suspended

good deal...sounds like a decent company to deal with...glad they made it right...