The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-13-2010, 07:14 PM   #1
menace121978
Registered User

menace121978's Avatar

Location: orangevale, ca
lsx motor mounts!! for those waiting...

hey guys! great news... i just got an email from Phil at BRP. i'll paste it...

The A/C compressor on most cars and truck LS motors will clear the F-body Lines(rear exist) may need clocking/bent or cut and welded back to clear, the sanden 508 will clear also but you may have to use a cut off wheel and zap off two mounting tabs that are not used,also use the side exit or 90 degree and 120 degree exit lines if rear exit is used, with side exist most stock truck exits are on the passanger side clears. If You guys buy this month you will get the 09 Jobber cost of only 469.00 with crossmember and trans mount and hardware 499.00 for 1 ¾” Mid Length hedders, and 669.00 for the 1 ¾” Long Tube this month. Tks Phil LH-8 Oil pan is flush with K-member and the hedders and pan clears and you can bag the truck and put on ground.Tks Phil

Old 01-14-2010, 12:03 AM   #2
Big Port Jimmy 6
Addicted to Rust

Big Port Jimmy 6's Avatar

Location: Abbeville SC
Re: lsx motor mounts!! for those waiting...

Info on an interesting possibility in a few days. Jay
__________________
Current trucks:
(48 GMC100 320 inliner) Gone
(48 Suburban in pieces) Sold
87 GMC CCSB 5.3 4l60E Daily Driver

ECTA National record holder XO/PP

We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public.
Big Port Jimmy 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:06 AM   #3
menace121978
Registered User

menace121978's Avatar

Location: orangevale, ca
Re: lsx motor mounts!! for those waiting...

details!

ya, any info we can all get together will help others doing this swap. (i hope) or at least give a few more options...
__________________

Old 01-14-2010, 09:14 AM   #4
STOCKISH
Formerly- 1972SuperCheyenne

STOCKISH's Avatar

Location: Wake Forest NC
Re: lsx motor mounts!! for those waiting...

Thats awesome Dennis! Thanks for clearing things up for everyone. What is the rear crossmember mod for the 4l80 you are speaking of? Just curious. Thanks again--Josh
__________________
--Josh

My Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=799218

A good crossthread is better than Loctite any day.

Life is not about what you have, but who you have to share it with.
STOCKISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:30 AM   #5
menace121978
Registered User

menace121978's Avatar

Location: orangevale, ca
Re: lsx motor mounts!! for those waiting...

pcmcobra had to get an ear type piece welded onto his factory crossmember because the 80e is longer than the 60e/700r. you can only slide it back so far because the bend in the frame rail. (keep in mind i dont recall the type of engine mounts he used)
__________________

Old 01-14-2010, 10:06 AM   #6
STOCKISH
Formerly- 1972SuperCheyenne

STOCKISH's Avatar

Location: Wake Forest NC
Re: lsx motor mounts!! for those waiting...

OK, thats cool, I dont mind having to fab a crossmember for the trans. Thanks for all your help.
--Josh

My Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=799218

A good crossthread is better than Loctite any day.

Life is not about what you have, but who you have to share it with.
STOCKISH is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmarks